Working Dog Forums banner

POSTING ISSUES

654 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Rashmi Kumar 
#1 ·
Guys,

Few issues I have but before let me tell everyone-

GREAT site AND great LAYOUT....GREAT TEAM. Much easier to format the text. 8) 8) 8)

Issues-
1. Can we add an 'EDIT' function to a reply after it gets posted and give a window of 5-10 seconds to EDIT it required?

2. I have to log in twice every time I have to read my pm. First logg in- reading a post then if I have to read my pm, I have to log in again- second log in. Or is it only me?

3. I get ' time out' only after few minutes of logged in when I am in a process of replying or composing a pm and have to log in again. Then when I do log in, I loose all my work I had done. ?

Advise.

Rashmi

#2 ·
Rashmi Kumar said:
Guys,

Few issues I have but before let me tell everyone-

GREAT site AND great LAYOUT....GREAT TEAM. Much easier to format the text. 8) 8) 8) ....
Issues-
1. Can we add an 'EDIT' function to a reply after it gets posted and give a window of 5-10 seconds to EDIT it required?....
2. I have to log in twice every time I have to read my pm. First logg in- reading a post then if I have to read my pm, I have to log in again- second log in. Or is it only me?....
3. I get ' time out' only after few minutes of logged in when I am in a process of replying or composing a pm and have to log in again. Then when I do log in, I loose all my work I had done. ? ....Advise.

Rashmi
1. There is an EDIT function. You can either PREVIEW and modify before SUBMIT, or you can SUBMIT and then, looking at your new post, click on EDIT (above your post, to the right).

2. There are two login options......try using the one "log in" instead of "log in to check messages." I just tried each one and they both worked for me, for both tasks, so I'm not sure why both exist. Mike? But meanwhile, maybe try the one you aren't using now.

3. I can't answer this either. I have never been timed out even after an hour or more.

So Mike probably has to answer 2 and 3. #1, we have!

#3 ·
#2 and 3 sound like computer issues to me -- check your browsers cookie options. I hate doing tech support when I can't see the computer screen I'm working on, so try google for help or find someone local to you who might be able to help if nobody else on the board wants to jump in.

As for the edit function -- you can edit the post up to 15 minutes after posting -- after 15 minutes the edit function expires -- this is to prevent people from changing their posts 2 days later in the middle of a discussion when they feel stupid :lol:

#4 ·
Mike Schoonbrood said:
#2 and 3 sound like computer issues to me -- check your browsers cookie options. ......
Oh, good thought, Mike.

Rashmi, if your browser is Explorer, click on Explorer (upper left) and from the dropdown menu go to Preferences, then to Receiving Files, where you click on the icon, and options open under Receiving Files. Choose Cookies. It may be set on "Never Accept."

If you choose instead (in Cookies) "never ask," then you will enable cookies, and that might indeed be the solution.

NOTE: If this whole piece of instruction is new territory to you, then don't do it. Do what Mike said and Google for help, or click on "Help" on your Explorer toolbar.

#5 ·
None of the above has been set up on my computer. Hmmm...I guess it is just me then...I am special, what can I tell you guys :lol:

Funny- I never noticed the edit function. :oops: :oops:

Thanks,

Rashmi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.