Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
I'm not sure what the officer meant either. We do test any dog we would like to train, prior to procurring it, but that is a temperament test to see if he/she has the required behaviors. The behaviors, of course, are dependant upon the tasks the dog will be trained to perform. I think in your scenario, it was the officers way of telling the guy to move on.

DFrost

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
<<<Regardless, could an LEO do such a thing?>>>
We have to look at the facts. The police were called, they just didn't show up. There was a complaintant. There was an argument, and one of the persons arguing continued that argument with the police. Actually, I'm surprised, reading your scenario, after the subject was told to move on, that he wasn't placed under arrest for obstruction of justice or creating a disturbance.

[or] To carry it one step further. If the guy refused to move on, the person could be arrested for creating a disturbance (or as we affectionately call it, "misdemeanor stupid") the vehicle impounded and the dog sent to animal control. The officer could state the dog appeared "out of control". At that point, Animal Control could well test the dog. Seems far fetched, but could happen.

DFrost

1 - 2 of 2 Posts