Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
We replaced a lot of headliners, door panels, radar antenna, head rests etc until the department finally understood why we wanted containers. Sometimes departments don't think.

DFrost

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I'm guessing they did not have a containment system. Shame. Spend all that time and money for the K-9 and not expend a tad more to keep him from harm.

I've seen sport dogs eat the interior of vehicles when left uncrated. Mine ate through all my seat belts in my vehicle in the time it took me to lay a flag (at the tracking field) and come back (about 5 minutes). Expensive lesson:-(

·
Registered
759 Posts
What a shame :(
I've sold a few dogs whose handlers have called me with vehicle damage reports but fortunately, it was nothing but money out of their pockets for not heeding my warnings and thankfully most dont have to replace but so many headrests or seats to put the dog in a secure kennel.
They said this dog had been in a crate though, what a shame if they werent forewarned if someone knew he could bust out of a standard crate.

·
Registered
595 Posts
That's awful. How long was the dog left alone in the car?

I did assist in removing a trash bag full of stuffing, mangled springs, ect. from a Mountain Lion once. Perfectly normal to leave your big cat in the car while you grocery shop doncha think? NOT a happy camper when he woke up, Itelluwhut!
But then again, the chances of her car stereo being stolen were on the low side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts