Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, dog charges, stops at the object he's charging at, head/hackles/ears/tail up, barking, bouncing on front legs. does a little half-circle, head lowered a bit (quiet), then commences same barking/bouncing etc.

can you guys tell me from this what drive he's in? i have my ideas, but i'd rather have the "expert's" :)

and i thank you!

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Keep in mind, I answer soley as a police dog trainer. If it was one I was looking at to select, I'd pass. If it was a dog that had recieved no training, I might pass, but I'd have to see it myself. If it was a dog I'd trained, I'd wonder why I didn't see that before, take it off the street, do some training and then make a determination.

DFrost

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jeff, that's what i woulda called it but not so concisely--kinda like a gorilla pounding his chest and roaring is what it called to mind. esp the bouncing up and down on his forelegs while roaring.
david, this is my pup at 15 mo old w/virtually no bite training. he has LOTS of drive but we really have no club w/in driving distance. this rxn was to a car pulling in my drive at night--which happens once/yr maybe.

next question: is this good or bad? myself, i call it good b/c one of the main reasons i bought him was to present a badass front to ppl. anyone out here in the middle of the night (or even during the day except the mailman) is up to NO GOOD and i want a dog who will alert and at least do a good fake. remember: my CLOSEST neighbor is 2 miles away, and that's if the minimum maintenence road is passable.
also remember i live here with myself and my daughter, and the dogs. so a good gorilla is good (i think)!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.