Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so people that like dogs don't have to walk up someones laneway and into a housefull of kids and announce you just ran over their dog.
Horrible -dog yelping and thrashing on the side of the road, screaming, bawling kids, helping the owner to load old tire-chasing Rover into the truck for the trip to the vet - not a good experience :cry:

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Lynn Cheffins said:
so people that like dogs don't have to walk up someones laneway and into a housefull of kids and announce you just ran over their dog.
Horrible -dog yelping and thrashing on the side of the road, screaming, bawling kids, helping the owner to load old tire-chasing Rover into the truck for the trip to the vet - not a good experience :cry:
Oh, no, I am SO sorry for all involved. :cry: :cry:

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Martin Espericueta said:
What happened exacly? Did someone hit your dog?
I gathered that they hit someone else's dog who was loose (and a car-chaser).

When I was a kid we were all outside and saw someone hit and kill our dog.

Not in any way the driver's fault, and the poor guy -- I remember still, 50 years later, his face and his tears when he got out of his car and faced 5 or 6 (however many we were at that time) little kids whose dog had just died in front of them.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Martin, I think she hit someone else's dog because they were letting it run loose. :(

I hope it is okay and the owners don't get upset with you, Lynn. Maybe they'll learn something from it (probably not, but we can hope).

Not this past weekend, but the last weekend I went to Schutzhund training, one of the neighbors' dogs came running happily onto the field as one of our dogs (an extremely dog aggressive rottie) was running the blinds! Luckily, the rottie wanted to bite the helper more than he wanted to bite the husky, and he ran right past it (not without slowing and thinking about attacking it though) and to the blind, where he was given an immediate bite instead of having to revere. The TD's wife said they've been having a problem with that dog and a few others that are allowed to just run loose here lately.

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
That's a tough situation to be in, I really hate it when people let their dogs run free like that :(

A few months back I went up to northwest bumblef*** florida with a friend to have my Yukon measured out for the aluminum crates, we decided to go off the beaten path and explore this strange little town, I like exploring, I would rather vacation in the middle of nowhere not knowing where I am than on a beach :lol: So we're driving down this sandy dirt road when my friend yells at me "STOP!!! GO BACK!! GET YOUR CAMERA!!!!". He refuses to tell me what I just drove past so I back up the Yukon n grab my camera and snap the below photo. We have both owned 82-92 Camaros/Firebirds at some point so it was a novelty thing :lol: Suddenly out of the open gate runs this pack of lil dogs all barking at the Yukon standing in front of it so I can't go anywhere. I honk the horn n yell at em without much progress, so I figure maybe I can reverse n get em out the way.... all that did was make em chase the truck even faster! They finally moved over to the side of the vehicle n I just nailed the gas, they kept up behind me a good bit, but it just irritated the hell outta me that these people don't even close their gate with a whole pack of dogs running around who like to chase cars. Sure they live in the middle of nowhere but still, it's not like they don't have neighbors.

Here's the pic I took that day, monster truck wheels on a firebird... hmmm.... lol.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well - old car chasing "Mongo" is still alive- and chasing tires again!
I was sure he was taking his last trip to the vet when the owner loaded in his truck. I felt the tires go over him and was pretty sure he was not going to survive. A tough (and lucky) old dog....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts