Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we're less then a week from our trial (Sch I for Thunder).
At the top of the game when it comes to air scenting or trailing. Unfortunately, FST is a whole nuther ballgame.
He was doing great till a few weeks ago. In a heavy wind he lost a corner and immediately turned into the wind. Wrong direction of course. :lol:
He's also really picking up speed when he turns into a track leg that is blowing the article scent to him.
This dog has found car keys lost in the middle of a 10 acre field. Unfortunately FST is starting to bore him as much as it does me.
My TD keeps telling me that Thunder is the dog he wants if his kids get lost. Trouble is those dern kids wont take points away from us like a tracking judge. Come to think of it....I don't think my TD even has kids. :lol: :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Riiiiiiiinnnnnggsport!!!
4-5 Sch clubs in this area. Closest ring is 300 miles, near Chi Town, I think. At 61, I don't want to loose all that time in a car. :lol:
Lots of agility, flyball, obedience clubs also..........well never mind about those. I ain't that old yet! :lol: ;)

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's been looked into but just not enough interest. The few examples we've seen haven't been top notch, to say the least.
That's a shame because St. Louis really is a very active dog town. More then I care to see with those dern red neck scarves though. :lol:

·
Registered
705 Posts
bob who do you train with down there. anyone like bob frisbey or holly rose

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Yeah Bob, I second the ring sport thing if you all can get it! :D Steve can put on a suit for us, right? ;)

Edit: can you PM me the trial details? I'll try to be there if me and DH aren't looking at houses at that time.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Yeah Bob, I second the ring sport thing if you all can get it! :D Steve can put on a suit for us, right? ;)

Edit: can you PM me the trial details? I'll try to be there if me and DH aren't looking at houses at that time.
sure can got a brother at scott. and i used to live in high ridge. ill come on down before i move and work with you guys.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
LOL, I actually was thinking of Steve the TD of Bob's club, but yeah, that'd work too! :) Whatever to get whoever started.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bob who do you train with down there. anyone like bob frisbey or holly rose
Steve Pettit is our TD/helper. Great guy that reall knows how to get in a dogs head.
Bob Frisby just got out of Schutzhund a few months ago. I think Tom Hunn is doing the helper work there now. Our club is an offshot of Bob's and we train at the same field, different days. Holly (and Tom) are about 45 mins-1hr from our club here.
Eric Beasly's club is about the same distance. I chose to train here because of the motivational methods we use. Obedience and bitework.

·
Registered
705 Posts
yeah i had a gsd years ago from bob. as for holly i didnt know if she was still doin schH either.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I haven't seen her work a dog but she's always at Tom's trials.

·
Registered
705 Posts
tom still got rudy???? i know he won some nationals with him. i have been out of the schH loop for a while now. ever since i got into ring a few years ago

·
Registered
705 Posts
probally alice. hmmm man its been while. sorry for all the questions just havent been in that area for years!! i did see clay at the nationals in peoria. though. lol

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, we were at the Nats to watch.
They were short a dog for the helper trials and Clay came and asked if one of us had a dog we could use. We gave him Doc. Doc is a very powerful 3yr old with a BH. Our club helper is 340 lb power lifter and handles the dog pretty easy but Doc will workover anyone that shows a weakness. Needless to say he took the poor helper for a good ride.

·
Registered
705 Posts
i was there and seen him the second day. i probably met you guys. i was sellin clay a couple dogs.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts