Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a couple quick pics of the weather today.The dogs loved it at first..he he.
Blaster and Luba

Luba stops for a pic.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
So THAT'S where we got all this crap from! :lol:
Great pics! Amazing how much the GSDs like the snow.
We've had to cancel out trial for Saturday. The're predicting 3-6 inches of snow on top of the couple of inches of ice we already have, and no temps over freezing for 4-5 days.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bob,
You are just 5 hours up 44 from me.The real snow is just now hitting us.Im sending what I can your way.No need to thank me. 8)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
argh! - does everyone have snow but Ontario? :cry:
The dogs look like they are enjoying it and it sure makes for a pretty picture. Nice looking dogs!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Nice pics - good looking dogs. It was about 75 degrees here today :( I prefer it colder this time of year. Not to keen on snow, drivers around here have a hard enough time staying on the road with heavy rain let alone snow. An inch of snow and they close everything down.

·
Banned
329 Posts
I had no idea Oklahoma had a winter, but now thinking back of western movies, yeah, they had harsh ones. lol
Is the climate more dry though, than Ontario???? I saw some great looking land when I checked it out on the internet. Lots of tornados though, wow, 50% more than what we get here. We are in what they Call the Tornado Ally. Kind of don't like that part, been in two very small short lived cones. Just a few cars moved in parking lots and many fences,trees,barns down. Barry Ontario had a real bad one many years ago, wiped out the whole downtown. We get level -1 to Level - 4, but normally we just see the 1'2 and 2's. You guys out there live dangerously, lol. But I would give anything to see a tornado winding it's way, just as long as no one was hurt :eek: :eek: :eek:
I know I'm strange, I just am so intrigued by them, almost like an obsession, just to see a good one up close. But I don't like lightning much.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Well Greg, I wasn't going to thank you for the weather but I will say #@%^&*(@#! :lol: :lol:
No power at my house and almost a half mil other folks in the area because of all the ice bring down tree branches and power lines.
Liz, if you like tornados, come live in the midwest. Oklahoma and the rest of the midwest are some of the hottest spots on the globe for tornados. We look at them as just big, fast storms here.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
geez, bob, i think after that storm you guys had last summer in the middle of the heat wave, and this one in the middle of a cold wave, i'd seriously consider moving elsewhere!!

what's the problem w/your power co that they can't keep the power on? either they're letting you roast or freeze :? :? and you all DO pay the bill every month, right?

hope you have a good woodstove/fireplace/kerosene heater--stay warm...

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
ann freier said:
geez, bob, i think after that storm you guys had last summer in the middle of the heat wave, and this one in the middle of a cold wave, i'd seriously consider moving elsewhere!!

what's the problem w/your power co that they can't keep the power on? either they're letting you roast or freeze :? :? and you all DO pay the bill every month, right?

hope you have a good woodstove/fireplace/kerosene heater--stay warm...
The power here goes out several times every winter, including the first sprinkle of the season. If PG&E had to deal with Bob's weather, woodstoves and kerosene heaters would be mandatory.

And I don't want to talk about the monthly bill........ :eek:

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
We were out for 8 days in the July storm. The news on the radio has just announced it will be 4-5 days with this one.
We shipped my 93 yr old father-in-law (lives with us) to my brother-in-law's house for the duration.
Sounds like were going to be expieriencing one of life's character builders for a few days. :lol: :lol: :lol:
My wife suggest that we burn some of the furniture and we gat get new stuff later. :roll:
I suggested lots of body heat. :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Bob Scott said:
We were out for 8 days in the July storm. The news on the radio has just announced it will be 4-5 days with this one.
We shipped my 93 yr old father-in-law (lives with us) to my brother-in-law's house for the duration.
Sounds like were going to be expieriencing one of life's character builders for a few days. :lol: :lol: :lol:
My wife suggest that we burn some of the furniture and we gat get new stuff later. :roll:
I suggested lots of body heat. :D :D :D
Well, maybe you can generate body heat all over the house now with the father-in-law away. :wink:

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
but connie, everyone knows that the power co in CA set you guys up for blackouts/brownouts etc to maximize their profits!! :D

it just seems like the st louis area has more than their share of humongous power outages here lately. i know up here (knock on wood) i've been really lucky during the winter--only had the power go out once for about 12 hours, but that was enough to persuade me to buy a kerosene heater.

i've never had to use it, but it's sure good know it's there (POUND on wood).

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Since we have no fireplace to burn the furniture, I think my idea has good merit! :D :D :D :D
I may not be on the forum for a few days. Nobody worry please! I'm old, not dead! :D :D :D :D :D :wink:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bob,if it's any consolation,Im stuck and cant get out of the driveway.. :x

Have juice though.. :lol: Power I mean.

The dangers of tornados is dwarfed by many other threats like running out of Mt.Dew when you are stuck in you own driveway! :x :x :x

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Well, thank you very much for sending that weather up here. We are getting some "white stuff" and a fair bit of ice pellets. I have lots of wood and oil lamps and the emegency supply of diet root beer, so I should be ok if the power goes off :) .

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
"i'm old, not dead"--this is what i tell the kids on the occasion that i notice a particularly fine specimen of the male sex, and am moved to comment on it.

it's FUN embarrassing them in public :lol:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts