Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
If I were going to get a pup from those lines I would rather get a Nick son instead of a grandson.Koos knows how to breed those lines and I wouldnt trust anyone else if I was gambling on a pup.Just playing the odds. :lol:

·
Registered
528 Posts
I can give you an educated guess.They would probably have extreme prey and civil drives.A correction would probably just amp them up another notch.High level sport dogs that need an experienced handler.Could have a touch of handler aggression.Need lots of stabilization for real work.Right on the edge.

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting. My TD just imported a nice bitch that was bred to Melano so he will have puppies in about a month, I can pretty much take whichever pup I want from the litter if I so choose, but that means I probably won't go ahead with my plans for a mali pup at the end of the year. We'll see. Any further feedback about these lines would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Some very good dogs in his pedigree. I see that he was bred to 37 bitches, somebody likes him. He has 87 progency that's listed on the database, another good thing. Gregg made some very good points about what you would expect, how's the bitch that you are getting a pup that he was bred to. What is in her lines. It's not all about the sire. What does she bring to the table?

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All I know right now is that her name is Luna. My TD is in Germany right now buying more dogs so I can't ask him till the weekend. Supposedly she is from good lines too n her littermates are all very hard dogs, even though on first impression I don't like her sensitivity and softness, she was clearly trained by a heavy handed trainer based on her sensitivity to me when I tell her any commands, or maybe its a hormonal thing because she's pregnant and spent 3 days in a crate while airlines screwed around n put her on the wrong flights etc. She spent Tuesday night in Atlanta n customs was slow so I couldn't even take her out of the crate till 2pm, she was initially due to arrive at 930am n ended up arriving at 11am on the next flight out :roll:

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Mike Schoonbrood said:
All I know right now is that her name is Luna. My TD is in Germany right now buying more dogs so I can't ask him till the weekend. Supposedly she is from good lines too n her littermates are all very hard dogs, even though on first impression I don't like her sensitivity and softness, she was clearly trained by a heavy handed trainer based on her sensitivity to me when I tell her any commands, or maybe its a hormonal thing because she's pregnant and spent 3 days in a crate while airlines screwed around n put her on the wrong flights etc. She spent Tuesday night in Atlanta n customs was slow so I couldn't even take her out of the crate till 2pm, she was initially due to arrive at 930am n ended up arriving at 11am on the next flight out :roll:
That is brutal. Kind of dangerous for a pregnant bitch, isn't it? I have no idea how often females miscarry...Annie's mom was shipped over pregnant, no problems there, but wondering how often pregnancys get messed up because of nonsense like that. I would think the stress would catch up to them?

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think there is a certain point in the pregnancy, like with humans, where people feel its riskier to fly. The reason she was shipped from Germany on her own, even though Ed is now in Germany, is because he couldn't get a flight last week that allowed him to transport enough dogs, n she was on the last week that the owner in Germany was willing to ship a pregnant bitch. I don't know any statistics or anything like that, but I know that all parties involved were pretty damn pissed off at the whole situation, n the fact that I sat around waiting on customs for 3 hours while they went out to lunch n played poker or whatever the hell they did, well, that just topped it off! Poor girl. I guess we'll see the results of the breeding in about a month.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts