Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to take today off. I worked the last two weekends, max'd out on comp time and the state sure isn't paying any OT. So a Monday off. I've done some yard work, but geez it's hot. Tried to start an argument on a touchy feely pet board I (ashamedly) frequent but that's not getting me anywhere. I guess I'll go do some more yard work. I need to trim, if I can find my sprayer and roundup.

DFrost

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
If I can't mow it with the rider, it gets sprayed.

DFrost
hehehe, that reminds me of the ad with the guy on a rider mowing a strip of yard 3' X 3' :) i wonder if i'll ever get so old that i toss the weed eater and just go with roundup.....probably not. only the good die young (ducks and runs);)

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hehehe, that reminds me of the ad with the guy on a rider mowing a strip of yard 3' X 3' :) i wonder if i'll ever get so old that i toss the weed eater and just go with roundup.....probably not. only the good die young (ducks and runs);)

WEll I do mow an acre and one-half. that would be a lot of pushing. I do own a weedeater, I would imagine it runs pretty good, but that's only a guess.
The sprayer works great.

DFrost

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will argue with you. pick something and tell me which side I have to be on. No need to bother the retards on pets are us.:p
Ya know, I'm almost ashamed, but darn it, I do have a ball there. While everyone is telling someone to read a book or contact a behaviorist, I tell them the dog needs a swift kick in the butt. That goes over like a turd in a punch bowl.

DFrost

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
WEll I do mow an acre and one-half. that would be a lot of pushing. I do own a weedeater, I would imagine it runs pretty good, but that's only a guess.
The sprayer works great.

DFrost
i mow about that too (and it IS a LOT of pushing: been there, done that). i'm thinking for that and the other 7A, i might just get a GSD and a few sheep, and to heck with the rider/weedeater/roundup.

still hate to think i'd be reduced toa mower and roundup (oh--dairy goats too--anyone noticed the price of milk lately????).

and i say just let jeff try to figure out the turd problem on his own. he will. i'm sure.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
You tried to start an argument on a "touchy feely" message board?...YOU??? I say that because I really think it's a toss up between you and Bob for being the most diplomatic, kind and patient man, at least on all the boards I see you on. I'd bet people don't even realize they've been "schooled" by you until they walk away and think on it a minute because you are very smooth!

Now see, you even bring out the best in Jeff - he will be the turd for you.

·
Banned
11,728 Posts

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
That reminds me, have any of you guys seen that video of the guy who goes crazy when the cop is writing him a ticket? He's screaming & crying & the cop stays very calm. The guy throws the ticket out his window at the cop, but the cop still remains calm and tells the guy if he doesn't pick it up, he'll get another one for littering. It's a great video, but something tells me it's not SOP!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
<<<It is even more interesting if you take their gun from them.........

We have a saying;You may get my gun from me, but it will be empty and hot when you grab it. I'm always the good cop. The partner I worked the road for years is a yank......... a fellow that moved down from the north. He was always the "bad cop", he was really good at it. I was the sympathetic slow talking southerner, it worked out pretty good. Alas, I don't work the road any longer, (well hardly), now, other than the chief pilot, I think I have the best job in the department. Actually, I think my job is even better than his, he just makes a better entrance.

DFrost

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
<<<Now see, you even bring out the best in Jeff - he will be the turd for you.>>> Ha ha, somehow I doubt that.

Thanks for the kind words though, honestly, it's just that I don't get upset or angry in person. Upsetting me or making me angry on a discussion board is nearly impossible. Like many of the fine posters on this board, I pretty much write like I talk and say what I feel at the time.

DFrost

·
Registered
211 Posts
You now I jumped on the puter this morning thinking let me check my email before I go. I have firearms training this morning and after saying to myself, well, let me check this board real quick and do a quick scan. After almost pissing myself and having to stick around to read the whole thread and then post this, you guys have made me late leaving the house!! Now I'm going to have to speed to make up for lost time, if they don't by my excuse in the event I am late, I'll have to direct them to this board, LOL!! You guys are nuts.
David, since it was the big day off, man, next time get a huge glass of frosty mug Ice Tea, go out on the front porch wearing nothing but shorts or trunks, get some Pink Floyd going and watch the neighbors all leave for work, as you sit in your king porch chair (every man should have one) and clip your toenails ;) You'll love it!

~CHRIS DUHON

·
Registered
127 Posts
David, since it was the big day off, man, next time get a huge glass of frosty mug Ice Tea, go out on the front porch wearing nothing but shorts or trunks, get some Pink Floyd going and watch the neighbors all leave for work, as you sit in your king porch chair (every man should have one) and clip your toenails
Have you been spying on me, Duhon? [-X :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts