Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all the people that train dogs, wheather sport, PD or PPD.
Question #1
What do you like in your sport,PD, or PPD training/proofing?
Question #2
What would you like to see that is not in your sport, PD,or PPD training/proofing?
Last question #3
Could there ever be means of trialing/proofing to get all the good stuff in and the bad stuff out?

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
My sport of Schutzhund
#1. What I like in ANY dog training is watching a pup or young dog "get it".

#2. A more realistic tracking scenario.
Also, I realize that MOST participants are in it for sport, but there are to many other fun things to do with dogs. Quit putting titles on weak dogs that don't belong in bite sport. If they can't do it, try flyball or whatever.

#3 To much dissagreement (human nature) to get it right.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Jerry i train for French Ring and American Street Ring.

Question One: I like the Fun in French Ring i just wish there was some vocal pressure./I like the senarios in asr. and the fact that there is a trailing exercise. not footstep traking.

Question Two:like stated before i wish there was vocal pressure in french ring. other than that i like it./ Asr i just wish that people would become more educated on it and less bull would come up about it. I also wish it would get goin again ion good standing.

Question Three: I wish ther could be but lord for bid if created a tough sport to were only worthy dogs could pass.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
I agree with Bob, except on #2, I would like to see a roll back to the way schutzhund use to be before the powers that be decided to try to make the sport more appealing to a broader audience and easier so that more people would participate. I agree with everyone else who said this is one of the main reasons there are a lot of crap dogs & "sunday driver" participants. I can not think of one positive thing that has come about from the watering down of schutzhund!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts