Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all right guys/gals/other types:

i had this idea for a sticky at the beginning of this section that would be a quick reference for anyone looking at results from the vet and wondering "what does this all MEAN???"

so, does anyone know of a cool, easy-to-understand website/article/whatever, that has the normal values for basic bloodwork/urinalysis/whatever, and explains what abnormal values *could* mean?

this is all in the interest of encouraging well-informed questions and discussion from us, as clients, with the vets that treat our animals. i know connie (of course :)) has what looks to me like a good site, let's see how many others are out there, and try to find one or more to put as a sticky at the front of this section.

i'm looking forward to all kinds of info from this, so help me out here!!! (please??)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Connie, that was a great site. Only a couple of things really missing:

elevated lipase is a great indication of pancreatitis, didn't see lipase on there

and it gave the normal ranges for some of the diff. types WBCs, but didn't explain them - like the kinds of parasites often indicated by abnormal eosinophil levels.

i have a Heska client ed. brochure somewhere around here that does a really nice job of covering labwork. I'll see if I can find it and scan it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts