Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Well I am a newbie to the working dog world. I just stared watching trainings last year with my husband, and I thought is looked like something fun to do. I had never owned a working dog in my life just the lazy house pets (english springer spaniel was my first dog ever).
I got my first working dog in September, a Malinois that we named Envy well on paper she is Shock Troop's Envy! I had no clue what was in store for me! This lil girl is a big ball of energy. At 10 months old this dog can pull me across the training field. So I am slowly learning how to train, still not too good at it though. But I have grown to love doing the work. I just need to start working on the ob part, because she is a wild one! My husband suggested that I join the forum to learn somethings about training from other handlers.
Envy is definately a new experience for me, but its fun learning! I am sure I will learn some good pointers from people on here!

Kim

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am actually not sure what sport we are going to do with her. My husband did a little narcotics work with her and she did well with that. I am just working on ob and bite work (she is one a sleeve) until we figure out exactly what we want to do with her!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hey Kim.. Welcome to the forum :) Glad to see you and Steve here. Really good group of people here with many different views and training methods. Now you gotta post some pictures of Envy and Braxton :wink:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not real sure how to post pictures of my dog on here because I am new to this whole thing! lol But I am sure I will figure it out eventually

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Kim Gossmeyer said:
I am not real sure how to post pictures of my dog on here because I am new to this whole thing! lol But I am sure I will figure it out eventually
You could join Photobucket.com (free and easy).

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh I have photobucket actually. which thing do i pick though

·
Registered
382 Posts
Welcome Kim! I know all about those crazy Shock Troop Dog's :D I have heard great things about Envy and Braxton, good luck to you!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't realize how crazy and drivey these Shock Troop dogs are! I love envy though, I am glad I got into the whole training thing.

·
Registered
705 Posts
yeah she is a nut ball but she is very level headed. even though she can have some attitude. lol

·
Registered
286 Posts
Re: Here is ENVY

Hi Kim,

Is that big collar a sign of "growth to come" :lol:

Welcome, you'll enjoy this forum.

Robert 8)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol it was the only collar we had at the time, it was HUGE on her! She has a lil pink one now! But yeah she has gotten big since that picture that was last sept..
Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts