Working Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Oooh, who else is a herper? I've got a lovely, if not somewhat snarky, jungle carpet python named Sheila.

Back on topic though, that's just what we need. A hot snake that can blend in with something in case it escapes its enclosure. :roll:

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Maren Bell said:
Oooh, who else is a herper? I've got a lovely, if not somewhat snarky, jungle carpet python named Sheila.

Back on topic though, that's just what we need. A hot snake that can blend in with something in case it escapes its enclosure. :roll:
I always preferred the native snakes to the exotics. It was always more fun to catch my own. :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm like Bob, I rather catch my own and then let them go before they fryed in a glass jar.

Right now I have three leopard geckos and one bearded dragon.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
I always preferred the native snakes to the exotics. It was always more fun to catch my own. :wink:
Oh, you should see me and my friend. We're both herp enthusiasts so if we happen to be driving together and we see a wayward snake or turtle crossing the road, we'll pull over and help it across. Of course, there was the time when we came across a coachwhip. We didn't even try to pick it up with a stick, we just kinda shooed it across.

Leopard geckos and beardies are fun (the Geico commercial where the leopard gecko licks its eye always makes me laugh), but I've always been more into snakes. Here's an older pic of Sheila my jungle carpet python:

I used to have a Brazilian rainbow boa named Smaug who I really liked. He escaped one night and I never found him. :cry:

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
When my daughters were little I made an incubator and hatched out a batch of Prarie Kings. Kept one for 17 yrs.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Awww. prairie kings are cute. There are some that live in the overgrown field across the street from me. However, it does get mowed every once in a while and I found one late last summer that looked like it had gotten run over by the mower. Not chopped, it just looked like it had its back broken. Poor snakey.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts