Working Dog Forums banner
381 - 400 of 431 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Alice what is your address, I'll send you this in case Tiago makes it to see you :)

Actually she would use it more if she ever meets Michael.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #390 ·
Hey Alice Robbie is the brother from Mika Iedema the mother from
IVO III .
You are right! Just checked. Brothers from.same parents but different litters. Color me surprised and feeling stupid that I didnt think your message through better. ;)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #392 ·
Robbie II doing the Stick/Face attack at club yesterday. Full length attack for the first time at a little over a year old.

Notice the lack of certain sounds? Sounds that where hammered on in this topic? (owww ye off little faith [-( ) Enjoy the silence and feel free to dig up something new to hammer on. :lol:

http://youtu.be/2VxmY0-hrfQ

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I couldn't hear much with the distance, or see much of the dog on the bite. What I could see didn't look bad.

What i did see that i liked was it looks like his out is there. Not giving your husband any attention at all now staying focused on the decoy. Did it just progressively get better? Did you add ecollar?

Thanks for posting.

Robbie II doing the Stick/Face attack at club yesterday. Full length attack for the first time at a little over a year old.

Notice the lack of certain sounds? Sounds that where hammered on in this topic? (owww ye off little faith [-( ) Enjoy the silence and feel free to dig up something new to hammer on. :lol:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #395 ·
I couldn't hear much with the distance, or see much of the dog on the bite. What I could see didn't look bad.

What i did see that i liked was it looks like his out is there. Not giving your husband any attention at all now staying focused on the decoy. Did it just progressively get better? Did you add ecollar?

Thanks for posting.
I tried to have the volume up as loud as possible so that everything would be audible for anyone. Could not get any closer without the image bobbing about to much but I figured since you could clearly hear the stick hit from that distance, which he got full on his ass, you would be able to hear his vocalisation, which ofcourse wasn't there, as well.

Nope, no E collar needed with this one, for now atleast... His out is solid without any anger or stress ans his focus is perfect. He accepts all contact since he has come to understand that he might not want people to mess with him but he simply does not have a choice in the matter. We call it "the quarter has dropped." He is a dog that in mind and action is to old for his age. He has never been much of a pup to begin with, very serious in everything and only had very small time frames of pup behaviour. This does mean we have to take it down a gear or two since this makes the temptation of working to fast and doing things to soon a real problem. He acts adult in everything, he shows adult in character, he looks adult in size... He doesn't flinch or fall back in any way and appears to be able to take a lot on his shoulders which is a dangerous thing. He is working the entire programme already and has been for 2 months now so its time to take it down a notch and work a bit slower with him.

He is developing as expected. Clear, levelheaded, serious yet happy dog who enjoys his work tremendously. He still is an angry dog tho, with quite the attitude to him but he redirects that anger in to his bitework. up to date I am not dissappointed in him one bit. To sum it up.... He is a good dog and if he keeps up the way he has in the past he will not be sold.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

Looks very good! Good job, Alice.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was able to use the yes command and get good results with basic obedience phase of training...What would happen if these people take their dogs somewhere and forgot to bring the clicker. I just would never want to rely on that. Its just one more damn thing I gotta remember to pack.
That is why I mostly use an enthusiastic "YES" rather than a clicker with my pup. Usually I have one hand on Harley's hsrness handle leaving one hand free to treat ( if I am training a new behaviour ) or to leash correct if required.

Wayne And Harley

381 - 400 of 431 Posts