Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just sold one of my females who I trained from a 8 week old pup, and am looking to get another dog. I was orinigally thinking of getting a litter of import pups from europe but have recently found a couple of good females available that were just bred. what do you guys think? Give me any suggestions due to every possible issue, financial sace time ect. I have gone over it so many time my head hurts and need some outside help. Thanks Greg

Just fyi the female that I was seriously looking at is 3 weeks along has a sch 1 and is 4-4 mink and 4-5 fado kathargo and the male that she was bred to is 5-5 mink and has lines to kathargo fero and troll
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,983 Posts
With an adult dog you know what you get, with a pup you have to wait and see n maybe find later that the dog isn't worth breeding, or find out there's "mechanical' problems with the dogs x-rays. Personally I still like taking a chance on puppies, because my dogs are my dogs, I want to be in control of their foundation from a training perspective, but if breeding is your primary goal for the bitch then buy adult. From what I understand, the bitch's primary importance is the lines behind her more than anything, but she needs to be a good dog regardless.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top