Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
first, it's very distressing that you weren't able to get a MRI or biopsy done. as Sarah has already stated, be happy for the years you've had and face the reality that it is probably time to say goodbye. i guess pet owners will never really understand what quality of life means for their animals. it is just plain selfish to prolong a life of misery and try to somehow rationalize they are still happy just to be alive. you have the ability to let your dog find peace.....sooner or later i hope you realize this and then honor the life he had and forever be thankful for those years. i have been there, i know the sorrow you have now

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
just for the record, please consider home euthanasia. i will never again take one of my pets to a vet office and lay them down on some stainless slab to be killed.

i finally did it right with my last dog. we had a nice big dinner for him with his favorite food and with only his close friends around. it was hard for everyone to choke back the tears when it was time to sedate him, but it was a very peaceful, moving experience and a fitting tribute to the great dog he was

1 - 2 of 2 Posts