Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, he wasn't planned, he was supposed to be a suprise for me, and what a suprise he was. Meet "Puppy". He needs a name, my daughter was quickly outvoted on "Presto" but I've toyed with Zephyr, Dante, Zues and Hellboy. Any other suggestions?

He's a six month old red Dobie. I had my choice between two and I chose him. He's a sweetheart and I'm chomping at the bit for hubby to get home so that we can go get him in the Suburban. I have one Reese Cup-Cup, and he was the alpha of his litter, I'm hoping he'll exude some dominance over Reese eventually so I don't want to give him a "fluffy" name.

All suggestions are welcome. He's very agile and listens very well. Has tons of sense, very levelheaded, not too hyper like Reese. His father and mother have the largest chests I've ever seen on a Dobie so he's going to be a presence of a fella. I'm proud of him and since Reese seems to be more the hubby's baby, this one is MINE! :twisted:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Is that a tick on his head or is that where his horns come out? If it's the latter, I'd say Hellboy is the most appropriate name for him! LoL

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL! I wish it were where a horn was coming. :lol:

The litter had four females and two males. The two males are left. Seems to be some strange feeling around here that females are more proective and better with the family, might be true considering my experience with Reese.

Anyway, he and his brother were not purchased and they're six months old now so there seemed to be some competition between the two for alpha. My dog won, I didn't get a pick of his brother's neck! :? That's a spot from one of the "tiffs" between him and his brother but it's healing. Not like Reese's mark on her head that isn't going away that came from being abused by her previous owners. :evil:

The breeder has 10 adults. Reds and Blacks. He only breeds two or three litters per year. Doesn't overbreed at all. He has some basic OB, not as much as I'd like for him being six months, but he seems to have good sense about him and when I would hide, he was the one who tracked me down.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Seems to be some strange feeling around here that females are more proective and better with the family

I've heard that before, from several people, so it isn't just a strange feeling around there. I re-read my post and I hope you didn't take offense to the 'is that a tick' remark. I didn't mean for it to sound rude.

Interesting that two 6 month old puppies got into it that badly. I guess that's one of the reasons Jak's breeder separates the puppies at 7 weeks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No Kristen, no offense at all. I was disappointed in the pic after I saw it and thought the same thing. I think the breeder would have died on the spot if he thought there was a tick on one of his dogs, he's pretty darned particular about his "babies".

The breeder is heavy into socializing his dobies and I guess he wants to make sure they're "dog friendly" so he's kept the two pups together.

We just got back from seeing The Legend of Ricky Bobby and the name Ricky Bobby was quickly vetoed, so I'm pretty sure his name is going to be....................

DIABLO

I'm pretty proud of him right now, might not be so much in a week after he's torn up a few things and tussled with Reese a bit, but for now, I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, he's a beautiful pup, lots of sense, but Diablo just did not fit him. I tried and tried, but his name is "Samhail", pronounced Sim-eye-ale, as in the Hound of Hell that Rasputin summoned in the movie Hellboy.

I'm in love and my husband and family are jealous. He goes everywhere I go except to work. He loves to ride and if I could get away with taking him to work, I would lol

Thanks again for the suggestions, Samhail is somewhat of a mouthful, but it does fit him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts