Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 16 mo. old "Sasha" (Afra von der Bismarck säul) who I imported from Germany. Kind of a "softie" but she's alot of fun with prey/play and pretty to look at. I used to own her sibling male, who had alot more "civil" edge, but wasn't handler oriented enough to my liking. He was also too big, 97 lbs. @ 11 months. Sasha is not near that size.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
She's a beaut! Would you say she is a BLACK sable, not a DARK sable? I notice the penciling on her legs is very thick & goes all the way down into her toes and her ear rims are very black. What are your plans for her?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
She could probably be titled, but she's too sensitive. My very dominant male, Rook, would have been a nice match for her, but he's a unilateral cryptorchid.
BLACK sable, not a DARK sable?
Black sable, but "my" definition is a sable with recessive black gene. Without recessive black, I call 'em Dark sable.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
wow. i can usually tell a female by looking at them. not so with those huge headed/boned DDR dogs. looks like a male. nice looking dog...

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
She could probably be titled, but she's too sensitive. My very dominant male, Rook, would have been a nice match for her, but he's a unilateral cryptorchid.
lol. i always laugh when i see stuff like this. we see a nice female and automatically our first thoughts are what dog we would breed them to. poor girls...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks for taking time the time to post your pictures, as a rottweiler owner I would like to say what a bloody beautiful looking bitch.

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
so, if she's "too sensitive" to be titled, what ARE your plans for her? she is gorgeous, BTW, but "pretty is as pretty does" especially in our breed--as i know you're WELL aware of daryl!

so what're you gonna do with her?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not too sensitive to be titled, eventually passable I think, but I feel it's early for protection work. But in any regard, a part of the family and alot of fun to play with. She's very fast, bites hard, jumps high, intensely focused, but either not mature enough to have the confidence I want, or because I haven't "built" it. Maybe I'm just too delicate with her, not saying she lacks courage. She's got great prey, just her defense "threshold" is high. I won't be starting protection work with her for a while, 2-8 more months maybe, if she seems ready.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts