Working Dog Forums banner

My speed bullet on the beach

696 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Kadi Thingvall 
#1 ·
Ok folks this aint a mal or shep but he does fit the title working dog. This Galgo I adopted 6 weeks back from a rehoming here in Holland. He came from Medina in Spain. The sanctuary there is called Scooby run by Fermin Perez. He was used in Spain by hunters as a working dog . The dogs there are used for a few months ( hunting season is Sept till January) then usually hung up on trees, burned alive or dragged behind a car till they are dead because they cost too much to keep for another 7/8 mths :twisted:

At least this is one is safe and in Spain the majority of people say they can't make good pets. This guy came to me like I said 6 weeks ago.......a scared dog, unable to even eat without you sitting next to him. This guy with lots of attention etc has come around to this dog........This ones here to stay :wink:

jee I couldnt believe the speed .........check out the film. I must say it was darn hard to keep him in view of the cam :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fAanLuMf3s

gr Hil

p.s the music that goes with the vid .....says a lot :wink:

See less See more
#10 ·
Becky Shilling said:
He is a very happy looking boy now. He looks more substantial than most greyhound types. Broader across the chest and a little more heavily muscled.

Pic 2 shows just how many muscles :eek: looks like a bodybuilder :lol:

@Susan.....yes there are some sad vids amost the galgo vids Im afraid. :(

@ Bob.....sure right on that one. Ik knew these dogs can easily reach a speed of 60 km pper hr but once your there watching, your mouth just drops :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.