Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks this aint a mal or shep but he does fit the title working dog. This Galgo I adopted 6 weeks back from a rehoming here in Holland. He came from Medina in Spain. The sanctuary there is called Scooby run by Fermin Perez. He was used in Spain by hunters as a working dog . The dogs there are used for a few months ( hunting season is Sept till January) then usually hung up on trees, burned alive or dragged behind a car till they are dead because they cost too much to keep for another 7/8 mths :twisted:

At least this is one is safe and in Spain the majority of people say they can't make good pets. This guy came to me like I said 6 weeks ago.......a scared dog, unable to even eat without you sitting next to him. This guy with lots of attention etc has come around to this dog........This ones here to stay :wink:

jee I couldnt believe the speed .........check out the film. I must say it was darn hard to keep him in view of the cam :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fAanLuMf3s

gr Hil

p.s the music that goes with the vid .....says a lot :wink:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
He definitely looks happy now Hil - glad you were able to save him.....very very fast boy - looks to me like a greyhound? Funny how you show your other dog pooped out and this one still hauling butt. :)

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:lol: yeah the other dog just gave up and stood and watched :lol: bugger is too lazy to do half the galgo does :lol: He is a sort of Greyhound. The true greyhounds are taller and this is what they call a Galgo Español (spanish greyhound) bred there to be hunters then chucked when they are not needed after 5 mths :roll:

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
That dog is in 7th heaven running on the beach. Pure Joy!!! Hil, I looked at some of the other videos that show what happens to the dogs. :cry:
Anyway, you are a hero for taking the dog and giving such a good home.

·
Registered
595 Posts
He is a very happy looking boy now. He looks more substantial than most greyhound types. Broader across the chest and a little more heavily muscled.

·
Premium Member
21,868 Posts
Cool video! Unless a person has had the experience of seeing one of the long dogs run, you just can't imagine how powerful they are. Like watching an eagle soar.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Becky Shilling said:
He is a very happy looking boy now. He looks more substantial than most greyhound types. Broader across the chest and a little more heavily muscled.

Pic 2 shows just how many muscles :eek: looks like a bodybuilder :lol:

@Susan.....yes there are some sad vids amost the galgo vids Im afraid. :(

@ Bob.....sure right on that one. Ik knew these dogs can easily reach a speed of 60 km pper hr but once your there watching, your mouth just drops :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts