Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have my dog kennels up but there is still a lot of work to do. I do not have the guillotines working but should have those done tonight. I still need to finish insulating and have the drywall put up. I also do not have a sink or water. I can pull a hose from the house for now. I am waiting on the final inspection from the county to finish up the water and insulation. I'm getting very close but it does take a very long time to get everything in place. I have 3 runs outside that are 5x10 and one run of 10x10. The inside of the 4 kennels are 5x5. I do not have tops on the inside yet but I will that installed soon. I have two space heaters next to the kennel for now until I have the rest of insulation and the ac/heat pump installed. The inside kennels have rubber interlocking stall matts on the floor of the kennels. The inside rubber floor is 10x24. The rubber floor is very nice and should give the dogs a nice place to lay while resting.
http://cox.homeunix.net/general/pics/kennel/
Here's a link to the dog doors I used. I used the big dog door and guillotines. I have even got my yorkie going through the big dog door.
http://www.gundoghousedoor.com/
Here's the link to the Priefert kenneling I used to build the kennel.
http://www.priefert.com/dynamic/division.php?did=4&cid=16&sc=Premier Kennel Panels
Here's where I got the rubber floor from. I got interlocking stall matts.
http://www.therubberman.com/

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Great looking, Daniel, sounds like you have a good side business in the making. :twisted:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fence fighting

I have plastic panels that will be between the fences. I just have not installed them yet.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Re: fence fighting

Daniel Cox said:
I have plastic panels that will be between the fences. I just have not installed them yet.
Safe sex!

Sorry. I am totally kidding.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Daniel, understood. :mrgreen: The setup looks very nice. That's similar to what I'd like to do in the distant future.

:lol: @ Woody

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mike Schoonbrood said:
Curious, I notice you have a larger kennel run on the end... what's that for? Your favorite dog? :lol:
I had the extra room and did not really need 5 kennels. So I made it bigger for my male. :smile:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Connie Sutherland said:
Wow!

About how long did this take you? Did you do all this work yourself?
I had the two car garage built by a friend. I really do not have time to do this and I really do not have all the skills needed. I started the construction in Nov 06 and it still is not finished. I did all the work on the kennels and the design, and I put all the kennels up myself. I actually already had most of the kenneling and just reused it in the runs. It has turned out very nice. The only thing that I would change are the windows on the back. I wish they were bigger. I thought they would be but you know how that is. I have worked a lot getting everything done properly. I am some what of a perfectionist but only because I want it done right. I have spent way too much money to have it look like crap. I really like my doggy doors and the priefert kenneling. If I every move, I can take the kennels w/ me and reuse them. All the kennel panels are powder coated and very sturdy. This should last me a lifetime and many dogs. Chain link is cheaper but the good stuff like mason fencing is not cheaper. I also really like the idea I can reuse my kennels for the rest of my life. The panels are perfect for what I wanted.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
daniel--did you already answer my question (and i missed it)? if not, what did you use on the inside kennel walls? yell at me if you already answered it--sometimes i don't read too carefully.... :oops:

·
Registered
380 Posts
All that hard work is paying off, it looks really nice! I'd like a new building too ;) Have to tell me how the matting works on the floor; I've looked at some of those products too. The Priefert fencing looks nice. I have Mason kennels for my indoor runs with 4 ft steel isolation panels which I love. I need to switch out my outdoor kennels to Mason too.

·
Premium Member
21,868 Posts
Daniel, very nice kennels. Be sure to prime and paint that interior. Wafer board, although very economical, is not very water resistant.
Normally that's not a problem for garage interiors but If you want to wash down the interior of the kennels you need to be careful.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ann freier said:
what did you use to line the walls on the inside? looks really washable/impervious...
Go to the this location on prieferts website. I bought kpp10. These are large plastic panels that are 4x10 feet and black. I cut them and put them on the walls of the kennel and they will be the dividers. I actually bought the kpp5 for between the kennels on the inside. I put kpp10 for the back walls and cut them. I also bought kpp10 for the outside dividers. I am actually waiting on the other sheets of plastic. I am waiting on the sheets from breeders supply in lexington, ky. The 10 foot sheets were $59. and the 5 foot sheets $38. These sheets are made to be the privacy sheet between the priefert kennels. These sheets fit perfect on the kennels and come w/ hardware to hang them on the kennels. When I am finished I will show some more pics of the safe sex plastic panels.

http://www.priefert.com/dynamic/division.php?did=4&cid=16&sc=Kennel Accessories

1 - 20 of 25 Posts