Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why from the GDOA* of course!:p :p :p

*Gay Dogs of America

Just kidding, he's a working line GSD from Dean Calderon. The little coyote remark is because when you compare a german working line pup to a german showline pup, the working lines look a little like coyotes compared to their cousins! just measured & weighed him - he's 27 inches at the shoulder & 80lbs, so I'm happy with his size.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hahaha Susan that was funny. I've heard the name before. Maybe it was even seeing some of his dogs somewhere before, but I like them! It could be my Malinois background, but the size and appearance work for me. What is his drive like? When I was in california everyone though my dogs were ugly coyotes and as long as they don't want to get one for a yard decoration then I'll take it as a compliment! LOL

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So far I'm very happy with his prey drive. He is ball crazy & will work for food (he is a pig). Defense comes out very easily so I'm leaving well enough alone for now since he's just a pup. Nerves are good & he can take a correction & bounce back, although most everything I'm doing is motivational to this point. I agree about the size thing. Way too many oversized GSD's for my taste. A medium size GSD has much more agility than the big ones in general. As for the looks department, I'm a firm believer in "pretty is as pretty does".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts