Working Dog Forums banner
161 - 180 of 189 Posts

· Registered
1,006 Posts
I think you should make a separate posting- in regards to-" We should all take up donations and chip in a few bucks and sponsor a trophy in Mike Name at the WDC or USCA Nationals."

I think you will get a lot of interest to participate- if not in a post of its own with info on how to...members of WDF may not see what you are planning.
just a thought

· Registered
11,320 Posts
If needed I will produce the award. As long as materials are covered, my boss wont care. Materials are less than a 1/3 of retail usually. I'll pay to ship it out...

anything trophy, acrylic, crystal, glass, plaque, cup whatever...
great idea.

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
OK ! I am taking charge and will send $125 to Jeff Govednik to sponsor third place SCH 3 in trial for this Month's WDC it will say In mMemory of Mike Scheiber from the Working Dog Forum"
I do not have $125 except by credit card so PM and I will give you my earth address if you want to pitch in.
As soon as trophy postings go up for the Nationals in Novemebr I will do the same. Mike was planning on entering both (of course pending qualification for the GSD Nationals) OK?

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
Done! Check in the mail, Trophy people notified. PM me if you want to contribute to the trophy cause-The tag line for the trophy
"In Memory of Mike Scheiber from the Working Dog Forum"

Thanks folks! Great group of people.
Off to train.

· Registered
5,303 Posts
ha ha, I think about that a few times a week at least. That, and when he'd talk about his wild child days. I could easily picture the times he must have had. It also seemed like at least once a day he'd pop up with a bewildered WTF??? in one of his posts.

I remember him being up late at night on occasion so while everyone in the states seemed to be settling in for the night or sleeping, I'd still be up and would get to catch his responses to some of the things that went on during the day.

· Registered
632 Posts
Wow! Someone mentioned earlier how its so weird to read someone's post one day and then be notified that he/she has passed on the next. Our time here is so precious. Hold on to every minute and live it to the fullest. I'd like to contribute what I can to the fund/trial/ whatever it may be. Please PM me the details, so that I may partake in all this.

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
There has been interest in sending a trophy in his honor from the WDF. I did for Third place schH 3. I received two donations thus far. If you haven't sent a donation and would still like to please send me a PM and I will give you my address. I really can't afford the $75 left over to cover the cost of the trophy. Thank you!

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
Thanks for all the contributions. I have received more than enough to cover the WDC trophy. Anything left over will either go to the 2011 USA Nationals Committee or another trophy. Thanks you to those who gave some $.

161 - 180 of 189 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.