Working Dog Forums banner
181 - 189 of 189 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. When we are not expecting it, it is very hard. I lost a special chilhood friend very suddenly this Feb. and am still trying to believe it is real. Being there is a gift and a curse. I try to remember the great times and know he is never far.

· Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
One year ago today Mike died. I recall the the horrible event of Mike dying at training that day. Only once have I looked at the videos that day of our seminar with Dean and saw my friend helping club members train their dogs. Just really crappy horrible day. A person never forgets that.

I remember my friend encouraging me, pressing my training forward. I still don't have my groove back, there is just a gap, an emptiness. He was so good to me and I miss him everytime I do a "Mike thing" --get tangled in the lines, taking forever to get my dog ready (we called him the "Chief of the F**K around Tribe", sometime forgetting to put my dog in the car for training-but I did remeber at the last second. (yep, Mike did that once-got to training without his dog).

Mike, Jett is doing well. Wherever you are you are looking down and knowing that you did leave our little world a better place my friend. Miss you

Sarah

· Registered
123 Posts
One year ago today Mike died. I recall the the horrible event of Mike dying at training that day. Only once have I looked at the videos that day of our seminar with Dean and saw my friend helping club members train their dogs. Just really crappy horrible day. A person never forgets that.

I remember my friend encouraging me, pressing my training forward. I still don't have my groove back, there is just a gap, an emptiness. He was so good to me and I miss him everytime I do a "Mike thing" --get tangled in the lines, taking forever to get my dog ready (we called him the "Chief of the F**K around Tribe", sometime forgetting to put my dog in the car for training-but I did remeber at the last second. (yep, Mike did that once-got to training without his dog).

Mike, Jett is doing well. Wherever you are you are looking down and knowing that you did leave our little world a better place my friend. Miss you

Sarah
Very nice Sarah. Mike is definitely missed. - Greg

· Registered
6,702 Posts
It's already been a year....wow, seems likeI just read about him passing away. It's a good day to think of Mike. I miss him and I barely knew him and only from the Internet, though we did laugh a lot in our back & forth PMs!!! I wish I had known him as well as you did, Sarah. He left quite an impression on me and I believe he left this earth a better place than it was when he got here.

· Registered
5,408 Posts
Mike was the salt of the earth. I miss him sorely. He was a dog handler similar to the ones I trained here with in Europe: honest, down to earth and communicative.

Mike, wherever you are, I hope you are surrounded by 4-leggeds that don't judge you but just give you unconditional love.

Gill

181 - 189 of 189 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.