Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sorry to announce that my friend, dog training buddy and fellow club member Mike Scheiber died yesterday at dog training.
I was there when it happened and I am in shock and traumatized. I will not post any details right now out of respect for the family. I will let you know any memorial details

He has a great guy, wonderful friend and funny as heck. I am devastated. The dog training community lost a great friend yesterday.

We are having a Dean Calderon Seminar at our club this weekend. Mike would have it no other way but to continue dog training. So I am off to train my dogs in his honor with his good friends at MVSV.

ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE:

In the interest of making the process of Mike Scheiber's tribute from WDF simpler: All posts in this thread will be reproduced by the Scheiber family as they deem fit, unless an objection is voiced, either in this thread, or to a WDF Moderator, for a post to be removed by Tuesday March 29th, 4pm EST.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
so sad- wow....reality smack in our face. -never had the opportunity to meet him-but enjoyed reading his posts here on WDF- hope all of heaven's dogs get the chance to train with him and Chris and Candy. RIP
and my sympathies to his family and dog club members and friends.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Holy Shit! He kept telling me with his posts and PM's I would be fine with this cancer fight I have going on. Now he is gone. I want his family to know I feel terrible for their loss.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just a brief note before I head off to training.
Learn CPR. Our club and friends at training worked very hard to bring him back. The paramedics worked valiantly.
He was doing what he enjoyed most. He went quickly. Probably ruptured AAA
Never take the moment for granted
Hug your loved ones

I can't tell you how much I will miss the man
Our entire club is devastated.

Peace to you Mike. The success of my dogs has so much to do with you.

I train today in your honor and in memory.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Damn sorry to hear this, Mike and I butted heads from time to time, but that's ok he was a big part of what made the WDF a colourful place to talk dogs, dog sports and other things. Was looking forward to meeting him face to face one day and having a good laugh about it all.

My sincere condolences to his family, friends and his training group for losing Mike.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
What a shock. Although i didnt know him personally he was always helpful and kind to me. Im glad he was doing what he loved when he left. My sincerest sympathies to his family. RIP Mike.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
I'm shook to my core, can't believe it. I didn't know him other than this forum, but I sure enjoyed talking to him a lot on this forum. My condolences to his frends and family.

RIP Mike

1 - 20 of 189 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.