Working Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dog that died last week. It has been the saddest time of my life. I don't know if I can move on

·
Registered
77 Posts
Very sorry for your loss.
The grief we experience when we loose a companion is often under estimated, and can be just as or more debilitating than a human loss, we live so intimately with our animal companions. You will not feel the same with time.

Your dog meant a lot to you- If you want his legacy to be a positive one you have to make it one. If his life is the ruin of yours you let him down by making a poor legacy of his life.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a dog that died last week. It has been the saddest time of my life. I don't know if I can move on
Please, please go and speak to your spiritual advisor if you have one, or get one if you do not. There are SO many who have felt as you do but although there are some who do not believe this for whatever reasoning they feel is justifiable - I can tell that WITHOUT a DOUBT - you will see your friend again and that his/her love endures for you as yours does for them. I have had spiritual experiences when asking God for help to endure losses I have had over the course of my life & I have had many, including beloved dogs and cats. Friends of mine have experienced similar events and believe me, life goes ON! This was NOT the end for your friend, nor is it for you! I can relate to you (I'll refrain for now as others on here might find it objectionable(?) but God does NOT destroy what He creates & the reassurances He provides for millions in times such as what you are enduring is proof beyond the VEIL (as opposed to the pale) for that.

Go to a bookstore today or online & look at the plethora of texts there on the afterlife & the afterlife of our beloved pets - written by physicians, surgeons, scientists, (yes, science in many new respects proves God & the afterlife, NOT vice-versa as our secular, often disordered culture tries to make you believe) priests, ministers, etc. Read how the personal experiences these educated & often brilliant men and women have learned & experienced personally.

PLEASE know your best friend STILL remains with you & that he/she is healed & well and awaits for you WHEN it is your time; which is not now. Hang in there, ask God for help (whether you have ever asked before or think you don't believe & let God lead you forth; it's truth, it's reality, it is the course of life in order to reach eternity. Get books, read them, and please go speak with someone!!!

Your dog is OK! Now you need to be too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts