Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Jay~
Ichillies is a nice dog. I enjoyed his speed on the entry... it was very un-shepherd like. LOL. As for the socks, they may look silly, but if they work... they work. It was good decoying with you. ~Justin

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Un-Shepherd-like, what do you mean? Good gsd are always like this. That's why you see more Mals out there now. People have realized that a Mal is as good as a shepherd and easier to handle because of their smaller size. Matt really likes GSD a lot that's why he has Raven. She is big and has a lot of additude. Right Matt.

·
Registered
243 Posts
wait wait wait.....Jerry Don't drag me in this, I am all Mal!! Maybe GSD when I get a bit older and slow down (Right Jerry ;) ) but for now its Mals for me.

The 2007 Toyota Van was so kindly donated by Rebecca Hobley, I don't think she know what she was saying yes to, but I am sure it will be harder to talk her into it next time.

·
Registered
705 Posts
yes it worked well though. we all had a blast. sorry about the hits jay!!!!!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'm sure that Matt will get me back for the lashes I gave him too. Ira and I are square now... I hope his thigh isn't bruised too badly.:p

·
Registered
243 Posts
How do I always get pulled into these things. Steve acted on his own free wil, matter of fact I TOLD him NOT to hit you hard because.....well your a wuss!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
WHOOOOSSSSSS YOUR DADDY!!!!! lol well matt i'll say i did it on my own if i can get out of the garage and into the house. lol well at least to shower:p :p

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hey guys,

I wanted to post this sooner but I've been running around busy all day.
I had a blast!!
It was great to see everyone again and to meet some new folks.
Thanks so much to everyone for the hard work you've all done, it looks like a great start to a great program. Awesome decoy work guys, thanks for working my maligators and for some good advice. Thanks Amber for the food and the awesome pics. Thanks again Matt and Dena for the hospitality.
With fair evaluators, great decoys, realistic scenarios and a group of folks this awesome, this is bound to succeed.
Thanks for everything; I had a great time, Gator had a great time and, well, Badja could have a great time playing with her toes but none the less...we all had fun :D

-Kristina

·
Registered
59 Posts
I wanted to post earlier too. I've never had more fun working dogs and hanging out with some really great people! To all those that I met it really was great to watch you work some super terrific dogs and I learned so much. As my first real venue for running realistic scenarios I'm feeling blessed and grateful to be a part of APPDA. People at work thought I was crazy for what I told them I did all weekend! Oh and the van well what can I say maybe I'll put a towel on the seat next time but the whole practical reason behind getting the van over a truck was for dogs. I truly didn't mind especially because it was a minor contribution compared to the decoys work, hospitality, long distance drives, hours of video and photos and so much more that others did to make this a sucessful and fun time! I can't wait until training and our next meeting!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Rebecca, Ruger was so damn good. Not bad for two months of training.

People, her dog is ( was) a SAR dog. He is so good at this and with very little training. WE are BLESSED to have you and your dog with us. You hang with us so we can learn from you and Ruger. How did you teach him to bite so HARD. He has to have some GSD blood in there somewhere.
Really we are glad you are with us. You are so great just to be hanging out with.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts