Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning at appx 9am i recieved a horrible call that Kenny (my ex, and Shane's father) was involved in a terrible accident at the construction site he was working on about 1-1 1/2 hrs earlier. His boss, who is also my uncle, explained that he did not know anything yet, except a vague description of what happened and that he had been taken to a local hospital in Orlando. When I got to the hospital, Kenny's parents (who happen to hate that I still exist on this earth... long story) refused to allow any doctors, nurses, or other hospital staff to allow me to see Kenny, or inform me of his condition/status. This was told to me by a hospital chaplain, so I feared the worst.
As I left the hospital, I called my uncle, and asked for him to hurry to the hospital and that I would call him later to check up on what was going on. I called him at about 1pm, and was informed that Kenny was alive, however was unresponsive/uncounscious, and was being taken in for an MRI to check for internal injuries. I called him again at 8pm, however his cellphone had been turned off, probably due to hospital policy.
I then called Kenny's house, and his brother picked up (who happens to NOT hate me) and told me that Kenny had been taken into surgery at 4pm. He had woken up, was responsive, however couldn't move his legs. The surgery is to correct discs that are either out of place or broken (wasn't given a clear story on that part) to remove pressure on the spinal chord.
I began repairing Kenny and I's relationship after the death of our son, however it was far from the point of best buddies again.
I ask, now, not for prayers for me, but for Kenny and his family.
When it rains in my world, it pours...
Below, a pic of Kenny I found on my Photobucket account:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 - 4 of 4 Posts