Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Wow, Very Nice!!!! He about swallowed that decoy's arm :smile: Sweet Out too! Yes, I did notice the cheap shots but nothin a little work/correction won't fix....which I should add the handler timed the correction very nicely with the leash as well:smile:

He's a big boy - like his coloring and his mask.;) Really nice decoy work too.

The decoy shoving his butt into the handler is an assault to me - I think he was justified:)

·
Registered
269 Posts
That was a great video. I think the dog was corrected for the "cheap" shots. I did see the decoy adjust the shock collar. obviously some people aren't paying attention to the little things in the video. Corrections don't always come from the handler.

Lisa, that out was awesome! Your dog looks great... But what did the decoy pick up off the ground and put in his mouth?? did anyone else notice that?

·
Registered
269 Posts
well that would make sense, I just wasn't sure if there was like some candy on the ground or something... lol

·
Registered
269 Posts
That would make sense then! I just wasn't sure if he was picking something to eat off the ground. I didn't even think about a teeth guard! I am not as grossed out by it now! lol

Lisa, I also Love the way your dog looks...not like looks matter as I have said many times, but its nice to hear that someone else thinks you have a nice looking dog. If I had the ugliest dog ever I am sure I would think it looked good!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi Lisa,

Are you planning to do Level Two at your trial next month? Looking good...but what mean decoys you have! You can see they really enjoy torturing Mongoose. Well, the good thing is if he can handle all their tricks he should have no problem in trial.

By the way, nice vest.

Jeff, as you must know balancing control and motivation to bite in the Mondioring DOH is tricky. After all the decoys are doing everything they can to prompt the dog to bite including things that are very similar to the cue to bite. Too heavy a correction can carry its own consequences as the dog may be reluctant to bite on the hit. Now Mr. Mongoose is the type of dog who is likely to bite anyway but over correcting the dog is just not good training. Not to mention that for some dogs a personal correction causes more conflict or serves to get the dog amped up. The e-collar is a very subtle way to get your point across. Mongoose is an angry dog and having an angry mommy is not going to help. Now my boy Feist responds best to personal corrections...I call him names and make fun of the size of his boy parts!

I am pretty sure Lisa is on the right track...Mongoose just turned two in December and he will soon be competing at Level 2. (A, B, C, hmmm...just singing the alphabet song...J, K, L, M...looks like you and Buko have a little catching up to do!) :p

Lisa

·
Registered
330 Posts
That would make sense then! I just wasn't sure if he was picking something to eat off the ground. I didn't even think about a teeth guard! I am not as grossed out by it now! lol

Lisa, I also Love the way your dog looks...not like looks matter as I have said many times, but its nice to hear that someone else thinks you have a nice looking dog. If I had the ugliest dog ever I am sure I would think it looked good!

Considering that in the Ringsports food is strewn all over the field (for the food refusal) picking up food off the ground was still a good guess. I am always most tempted by the big chunks of cheese!

Lisa

·
Registered
269 Posts
Lisa, I was thinking it was food from the food refusal, that is why I was like um what is that guy eating! lol

Oh and I love the alphabet song also!

Those decoys were definitely doing their best to get that poor dog to bite!! But he figured it out in the end! He looks great!

·
Banned
11,728 Posts
I always have catching up to do. Gotta remember that Buko was the puppy that didn't bite. Then when he did, he was like a typewriter, and not as interested in biting the jambierre as he was the decoy. Then, you have to remember that my decoy was 55, and Buko was hurting him. THEN you have to remember that I had to train my own decoy, from scratch, with a green dog, and all the fun little mistakes that come from this. Then, I had to deal with the conflict that his little "I prefer to kill you", brain came up with, mostly because I have 1 decoy that can catch him anymore.

Which, quite honestly is why I love training dogs.

I now have a dog that has (so far as of late) figured out that it is not necessary to kill the decoy, and no longer typwriters on the bite, and is finally mature enough to handle the intensity and drive that he has been struggleing to deal with.

I figure I got him at 10 1/2 months, lost about a year with the decoy, and would have had to wait for his maturity level to catch up with the drive he has.

Sooooooo, yes I am always catching up. However, he does know all the exersizes for ring three and I think once we get a little more control over his rediculous obsession with all things new, everything should go pretty quickly.

Dominic Pitone, (maybe you have heard of him) told me that I have done a good job with him, as the type of dog he is is very difficult to trial.

I really like him, as he is a challenge in and of himself, let alone the many other obstacles I have in front of me.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 58 Posts