1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
kadi, i noticed on mac's video something that is all too familiar with my dog. the head shake (on the recall). i have attributed that to ear problems. vet looked in his ears and said they looked red and irritated, and thought allergies might be the cause. he gave me a suspension steroid ear drop prescription and i used it religiously for a few weeks with only a very slight improvement. i changed his food and it has gotten much better, but i'm not sure if the food had anything to do with it because i know that the colder weather made it worse and now that it's warmed up, that may have as much or more to do with the improvement as the food change.

has mac always done that?

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
kadi, i noticed on mac's video something that is all too familiar with my dog. the head shake (on the recall). i have attributed that to ear problems. vet looked in his ears and said they looked red and irritated, and thought allergies might be the cause. he gave me a suspension steroid ear drop prescription and i used it religiously for a few weeks with only a very slight improvement. i changed his food and it has gotten much better, but i'm not sure if the food had anything to do with it because i know that the colder weather made it worse and now that it's warmed up, that may have as much or more to do with the improvement as the food change.

has mac always done that?
Tim, if you want to post on the health forum about this, there are several measures you can take to fend off the ear infections that are so common, secondary to canine allergies.

And back to Kadi's videos...... :p

·
Registered
580 Posts
I love Lucius! his bitework looks great, and his H&B is about the funniest thing I've ever seen. That's what I call spirit! (Also, though I know I'm not supposed to care about those things - he's the perfect size for a malinois and his coloration is gorgeous.)

Mac looks good too - though I had a hard time seeing some of the video b/c I need a new monitor and the video was dark :-(

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mac looks good too - though I had a hard time seeing some of the video b/c I need a new monitor and the video was dark :-(
Thanks. I agree, the video is to dark :-( Unfortunately most of our protection training is done after dark, we have to start late in Riverside since it's so freaking hot during the day. We usually start obed during daylight hours, but by the time we are done with all the dogs for obed, it's dusk. It's also 10-20 degrees cooler. But I needed to update his online videos, now that he's got decent technique his entries are quite a bit faster than they used to be. He's not blazingly fast, but he's better.

·
Registered
580 Posts
ditto for us here in GA. we train at night almost all of the time, so it's not easy to get good pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts