Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Luna went into labor around 430am on March 1st. It's now 10am n we have 4 males and 3 females on the ground with more pups to come. Maybe another 1 or 2 to go.

The males are already fighting for the tit, n they all look a good size and healthy. I helped out with 1 of them but Luna seems to be doing everything on her own very nicely.

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hard to tell, the one that we thought was solid black turns out that he might be a bi-color/black & tan like the mother, thers one who looks like he'll be a moderately light sable n a buncha dark sables.

Haven't paid attention to which color belongs to which sex.

We are up to 5 males and 3 females, more to come!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Looks like a healthy litter!

Oh, and PS - we all know you just really wanted to say "tit" and that's the only reason you posted about it! :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha well yes and it's amusing to me that males instinctively fight over breasts even in the dog world ;)

Final count is 5 males 3 females. She looks done.

Just to give credit where credit's due, the litter belongs to my trainer, Ed Reyes, but as I've said before, his house is like a second home to me the past year, so his dogs feel almost like my own ;) We are all excited to see the pups grow up!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Congrats to you and your trainer. Are you getting one???????? Three is always better then two :wink: Sweet lookin pups from nice lines - can't wait to see how their coat colors turn out. Ya gotta keep us updated with pics :)

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
some day, when i grow up, i want to be a handler/trainer to take a pup like one of these and GO!!!

they're beautiful for little rat-dogs :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK make that 7 males and 3 females... totally unexpected 10th male reared his ugly head when we were sure she was emptied out :lol:

Haven't weighed yet.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Wow, that's quite a few! Mike, you should get a female. Pretty high probability that she'd be a 2M female with that sex ratio. :twisted: Heck, I would if I were more GSD inclined. How much does he want for a pup?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Very nice pictures Mike, it is a beautiful litter, They must be very special for you, because you were there with the delivery!

Congrats with this litter!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts