Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from just outside of Toronto and I'm fairly new to protection training, but having a blast so far. Here's me with mocha, a 6 year old pet, and Carson, my 2 1/2 year old bouvier training for PP.

And one of Carson in the backyard...

He's from 3/4 dutch KNPV lines, and 1/4 Canadian showlines. He's got the aggression and build of a working-line dog, with the thresholds of a showdog, makes for some pretty interesting training. :? He'd go great in a junkyard, but we're overcoming this with rock-solid obedience and more and more prey-building excercises. Still looking for good training partners or helpers in the Toronto area, so if you're out there let me know.

Just want to say thanks for this great forum, great to see people thinking outside of the box once in a while. I look forward to asking all sorts of dumb questions.

Simon

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Welcome, Simon! Great dogs, that Bouvier looks great. We have some black ones at our club, they are a blast to watch.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. You don't see many bouviers that aren't black, especially in working cirles. Add to that his do-it-yourself haircut, no one knows what to make of him. As long as he gets the job done. :D

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Simon Mellick said:
Thanks. You don't see many bouviers that aren't black, especially in working cirles. Add to that his do-it-yourself haircut, no one knows what to make of him. As long as he gets the job done. :D
He's cool-looking, I like that coat a lot.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Neat looking dogs! I've only seen black and grey Bouviers. For half a sec, I thought it was a Laekenois as some of the really wooly ones look a bit like skinny Bouvs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts