Working Dog Forums banner

What is your preferred diet?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK start out with a simple one for now, till someone can come up with a better more interesting question.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
I fed raw to my terriers and saw fantastic results. I got away from it when I lost my job. Hoping to go back now that I'm retired. My dogs deserve it! :wink:

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I've fed Nutro to my last 2 dogs with great results . I'm currently feeding Nutro Natural Choice Large Breed Adult .

G

·
*My* preferred diet is whatever I can afford after buying all the dogs' food.

Oh, I think you MEANT for the dogs :roll: ...I feed raw whenever possible, but I do switch between Innova Evo, occasionally Chicken Soup, Wellness, and Solid Gold for when I run out.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Right, Jenni... :lol: Uh, Ramen. Ramen noodles, anyone??

I feed a mix of raw, when possible, and Purina One kibble. I'd love to feed raw on a daily basis and a better dry food like Nutro at some point, but finances are limited right now, so we do the best we can.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Its dried food Mike. Biofood has no weird stuff in it like some foods have. It also contains seaweed which stops the dogs eating grass......it works too! I als give them sheep oil combined with salmon olie over the food.

Cavom is a great food but not for dogs that are prone to put on weight quick. This is also food with no trash in it haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Hil Harrison said:
Its dried food Mike. Biofood has no weird stuff in it like some foods have. It also contains seaweed which stops the dogs eating grass......it works too! I als give them sheep oil combined with salmon olie over the food.
OK so you want to vote for:
\"Specialty/Premium All Natural Dry/Canned Dog Food\"

:D

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
I feed 40 dogs Nutro. Have been feeding it for years. With the exception of a couple of the geriatric dogs still working, it has been a very dependable food. The coats are good, stools small, dogs have all the energy needed for a high stress, hard working animal.

DFrost

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
Barca (I will vote the same as HIl), is a kibble, pressed food(not a croque) with not that many wrong ingredients. It´s pretty much the same as the cavom HIl mentioned. A fat kibble, that dogs who go fat easily don´t have to eat. The inactive dogs get aprox 100-150 gr per feeding, while the very active, very larges males get 350-400 gr.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What do you feed your dogs?

I feed a raw diet with a backup of Innova Evo. They all do well on this and I have even noticed a change for the better in my geriatric dog. More energy, happier, less stiffness.

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Hil Harrison said:
:cry: we cant start a new poll ..it says only for moderators :cry: :cry:
But we suggest polls to Mike! And then we beat him with sticks if he doesn't use our suggestions!

At least, I think that was what the rule said.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts