Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I post a breeding announcement here? If not, I'm sorry in advance and please delete if need be. :D

3,3-3 Roe v. Joefarm
4-4 Stoned van de Duvetorre
4,4-4 Lucas des deux Pottois

Sire - Jexx, PSA1 Hips prelim'd Good, awaiting OFA certification
(owned by Darryl Richey)

Jexx is an intense, very high drive Mal with both strong nerve and extremely full crushing grips. Jexx is social, completely environmentally sound with a great temperament. Jexx is son to Yonas v. Joefarm PSA1 (a Roe v. Joefarm son) and Rummy Marie Tapp v. Joefarm (Roe v. Joefarm daughter, Stoned van de Duvetorre granddaughter). This breeding (Yonas x Rummy) alone has produced numerous high drive dogs with Jexx and several of his littermates titled to the PSA 1, also
receiving awards for High in Protection.

Dam - Bernie Le Griem Luas Hips Prelim'd Good, awaiting OFA certification

Bernie is daughter to Ares van Boekhout Akker PSA1 (owned by Rick Furrow) who is known to throw strong full grips and a lot of drive in his off spring. Bernie is a great example of what Ares can throw. Bernie's drive is solid with nice genetically full grips. Bernie is environmentally sound and moderately social with a definite edge to her. Bernie’s dam, Kenya is a daughter to Roe v. Joefarm, and grand daughter of Stoned van de Duvetorre.

Litter will be UKC registered.

Video of the sire available upon request. :) Please contact myself or Darryl at - * EDIT: PM for telephone number * - for more information on this litter. :)

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
While I don't have a problem with this litter being posted here, I would like to add a few notes...

Firstly, I don't want it to become a habit that this forum becomes an advertising place for litters, a few litters being bragged about here and there, no big deal, but I would hate to see people signing up purely to try and sell pups, which I doubt is the case here :)

Secondly, if anyone is interested in pups, please contact the breeder directly via email, PM or phone. As with everything in life, it is a buyer-beware situation, it is up to the buyer to do their research and check out the pups and the breeder for themselves, and by allowing this post neither I nor anyone else on this forum is endorsing the breeding in any way, shape or form.

Good luck with the pups, post pics when they hit the ground! :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike Schoonbrood said:
While I don't have a problem with this litter being posted here, I would like to add a few notes...

Firstly, I don't want it to become a habit that this forum becomes an advertising place for litters, a few litters being bragged about here and there, no big deal, but I would hate to see people signing up purely to try and sell pups, which I doubt is the case here :)

Secondly, if anyone is interested in pups, please contact the breeder directly via email, PM or phone. As with everything in life, it is a buyer-beware situation, it is up to the buyer to do their research and check out the pups and the breeder for themselves, and by allowing this post neither I nor anyone else on this forum is endorsing the breeding in any way, shape or form.

Good luck with the pups, post pics when they hit the ground! :)
Thanks Mike. :) And I can assure you that there was no intention of joining the board just to post the litter, I've actually been a long time reader of the board. This breeding was done not w/ the intention of having a bunch of pups to sell but rather hopefully giving us a couple of great working prospects for ourselves...I am personally very excited to see what this combination throws and even more excited to finally have a pup/dog that works well, lol.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Puppies have arrived :) 2 males/4 females
I don't see how you seasoned breeders do it. I think staying up all night with this litter has done me in for at least the next 5 years. :)

·
Banned
11,728 Posts
Quote: I don't see how you seasoned breeders do it. I think staying up all night with this litter has done me in for at least the next 5 years.

I like to sleep through most of it. With a maiden bitch I like to see the first one or two born, but after that.................the bitch is on her own!

I know people that stay up, but if the bitch had a litter before, I am probably gonna be up anyway. Although the last few litters I have had were startig to come durijng the "gasp" daylight, those little bitches, how dare they! :twisted: :twisted:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
I admit to many shortcomings relative dogs, one of them is breeding. Oh sure, I know about the birds, bees and that sort of thing, something about eating watermelons etc, but in all seriousness, what do the numbers in front of the names mean ie" 3,3-3 Roe v. Joefarm, 4-4 Stoned van de Duvetorre, 4,4-4 Lucas des deux Pottois.

Someone help educate this ole dirtball dog trainer. I'll be a thankin' ya.

DFrost

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
David Frost said:
I admit to many shortcomings relative dogs, one of them is breeding. Oh sure, I know about the birds, bees and that sort of thing, something about eating watermelons etc, but in all seriousness, what do the numbers in front of the names mean ie" 3,3-3 Roe v. Joefarm, 4-4 Stoned van de Duvetorre, 4,4-4 Lucas des deux Pottois.

Someone help educate this ole dirtball dog trainer. I'll be a thankin' ya.

DFrost
Roe is in the third generation of the pups on father side once, on motherside twice.
Stoned on both sides the fourth generation.
Lucas is in the fuorth generation of the pups on father side once, on motherside twice.

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
3,3-3 Roe v. Joefarm
Roe is in the third generation of the pups on father side once, on motherside twice.

4,4-4 Lucas des deux Pottois.
Lucas is in the fuorth generation of the pups on father side once, on motherside twice.
OK help me understand how you know that?? Because for example with Roe, the number is 3,3-3 --- so in my logic I would say that he is in the 3rd generation, 3 times in the fathers side 3 times in the mothers side... that doesn't make much sense I know, lol. But the way you explained it, "3rd generation" "once on the father side" "twice on the mothers side"... to me that says that it should look more like "3,1-2" -- but it's not, so please explain how you decipher the numbers? :lol:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mike Schoonbrood said:
3,3-3 Roe v. Joefarm

4,4-4 Lucas des deux Pottois.
OK help me understand how you know that?? Because for example with Roe, the number is 3,3-3 --- so in my logic I would say that he is in the 3rd generation, 3 times in the fathers side 3 times in the mothers side... that doesn't make much sense I know, lol. But the way you explained it, "3rd generation" "once on the father side" "twice on the mothers side"... to me that says that it should look more like "3,1-2" -- but it's not, so please explain how you decipher the numbers? :lol:
Roe is in the 3rd generation on the fathers side twice and 3rd generation on the mothers side once, Lucas is twice on the fathers side 4th generation, once on the mothers. I'll be the first to admit I am far from an expert on figuring out linebreedings so it is possible that my dashes and commas could be misplaced! :? :D

Jeff, this was her first litter. I don't think I could have fallen asleep after the first few even though it was pretty obvious that she had everything undercontrol. First puppy was born around 2:30 a.m., last one around 7 a.m.. Now the hard part begins-Darryl and I are both expecting our future prospects out of this litter (he for sure wants a male, I thought I did!) and there are only 2 males to duke it out over. :lol:

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Tammy McDowell said:
.... Roe is in the 3rd generation on the fathers side twice and 3rd generation on the mothers
side once, Lucas is twice on the fathers side 4th generation, once on the mothers.
Selena, could you set up the numbers and names and hyphens so they mean this? Or someone?
I'm really lost now. :oops:

Great pictures!

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
if i draw the pedigree you can understand better, will do that after i cooked dinner :wink:

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
OK, I read that.

Linebreeding:

3,3 - 3 Roe
4,4 - 4 Lucas
4 - 4 Stoned

So.........

Is this it? 3 means 3rd generation, and the two threes (3,3) means two on the father's side and the one three (3) means once on the mother's?

The number of threes mean how many in the third generation (on each side)?

Father left of hyphen, mother right?

3,3 mean two in the third generation, left of hyphen (father's side).

Right?

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
no this - divide father-motherside, the cumma how many times a dogs shows up in that side. Theoratically you also have 2,3-3,4 :wink: or something.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Almost 1 week old

Pink Girl

Orange Girl

Lt. Blue Girl (who was not very cooperative for her photo shoot)

Navy Blue Boy

Preparing his jaw muscles early-on for that full hard grip?? :lol: :D

No-Collar Boy

Tiny Girl

1 - 20 of 32 Posts