Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll warn you dial up users right now, sorry but this is a long one. It's all the exercises from the Brevet, although I did trim things like the heeling (showed 2/3 of the pattern, not the whole thing), long down (showed 10 seconds, not the whole minute), etc. Mac's score was 98.3/100 1/2 pt lost in the heel with muzzle, 1 pt lost for not really sitting at the start of the defense of handler (he was bouncing/barking) and 0.2 points lost in general allure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf5RCfp9LQE

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Congrats Kadi and of course Mac!!! He looks really good - great score too!! Not that we expected anything less from you or Mac :wink: Thanks for posting the video - nice to see all the exercises (as I'm also training my girl for a Brevet) even if some of the exercises were cut short. On the food refusal - is it up to the judge how many pieces of food are thrown?

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
Nice vid and excellent score, congrats Kadi!

Can you (or some one else)explain to me what a brevet is exactly?
Is it like BH with Sch. something you have to do before your 1,2,3?

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeff - you probably just looked to soon, I posted right after I uploaded it and I know YouTube can take awhile for new uploads to actually be online.

Lacey - the number of pieces thrown are specified in the rulebook for each level. WHERE they are thrown is specificed by the judge, of course then it also depends on the accuracy of your food thrower. This judge wanted the food for the Brevet (1 piece) and FRI (4 pieces) to be thrown just out of reach of the dog. Of course on a few it was further away, and on a few it bounced right up next to them. On the FRII and FRIII it's pretty normal for the food to be bouncing right up next to the dogs body, or even bouncing off their body (softly).

Selena - the Brevet is considered a "working certificate" and is the entry level of Ring. So you, you have to do the Brevet before you can continue on to FRI, FRII, FRIII. It's a little more than a BH in that it includes 2 protection exercises. It doesn't have the temperament portion of the BH (traffic portion).

·
Registered
705 Posts
awesome job kadi, i cant wait to get my boy titled ill be trialing him soon for the brevet. nice job mac looks awesome.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Congratulations! See, there's why I couldn't be a judge - I'd have given him full points on general allure :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
See, there's why I couldn't be a judge - I'd have given him full points on general allure
LOL They can't. Well, maybe they could, but I have never seen a judge give over and above what the book says. I'll have to ask a judge if that option is available to them. There is actually a table in the judges book that gives the percent of general allure points the competitor has earned, based on their overall score/penalties. Then from that number the judge subtracts any actual GA deductions, and that's your final GA amount.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts