Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Snow here too. Pre went swimming yesterday, I wake up this morning and visibility is so low I doubt I couldn't have seen him if I was dumb enough to take him swimming again. Midwest weather sucks like school in the summer time

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Snow here too. Pre went swimming yesterday, I wake up this morning and visibility is so low I doubt I couldn't have seen him if I was dumb enough to take him swimming again. Midwest weather sucks like school in the summer time
Yes. We were at 81 last monday or something and now this garbage. Humorless outdoor time with the dog today. We took our irritation out on squirrels.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My Dobe's a freak...he swims in this weather also. He also chases the snowflakes looking like some vicious dog running with his teeth showing, jumping in the air chomping at the flakes. Apparently someone likes this weather.

Okay....so I set myself up for Dobe "remarks". :)

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
if it makes you feel better pauline (and it should!)--my dobe HATES wet/snowy weather, acts like he's bein abused when you make him go outside in it, stays out 3 seconds...it's kinda funny, but you dare not laugh in his face (he's a SENSITIVE dog, ya know?) :) :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well Ann....I've had those sensitive types too. They prefer shade to sun, warm indoors to chilly outdoors, and rain...oh my, they melt you know. I can just picture your Dobe looking at you "that way". :) Gotta love 'em all though.

My current boy only seems to react to heavy rain. His long down at training last week was during a snowfall. He stayed down, thank goodness, but was catching snowflakes when they came near his face! Would he lose points for that?

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts