Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's see... Jerry Lyda with Lexus (the big red decoy is Jay Lyda) ;)

Steve Roethlisberger with Pumper

Keith Earle with Tango (passive mugging simulation, waiting for the command)

then five milliseconds later...

Mo Earle with Hugo in "the Armageddon Room"

look at the bottles flying!

Jim Beernik with Kempo in the room

We had lots of fun. wish I'd worn sunscreen, though :( can't believe it's 90 degrees in March!

·
Banned
11,727 Posts
Do you guys ever have a decoy that can put the dog in the pocket of the shoulder? LOL I would get chewed on for a dog 3/4 the way down my arm, and the back of the arm is for OB for bites for craps sake.

Sorry, I saw that crap catch on the INSIDE of the forarm, with out a follow thru, and want to start throwing things at people. Training is not supposed to twist a dog like that. Simple follow thru and the dog is safer. DAMMIT YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER.

There. Still have the love, just needed to get that off my chest.

·
Banned
11,727 Posts
Notice the padding on the shoulder? No bruises or cuts if you catch them there. The armpit is gonna get you stung every time, and also not a good place to catch a dog, thus the pain.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Is it just me or does Jeff never have anything nice to say? In the close quarters and with the dog coming over the boxes like that I had little no time to put him anywhere. We were testing the dog to see if they would bite what they could get. Not a presented bicep pocket. I know what you are talking about as do most suit decoys. If given a chance and space you can do that but in a room with crap lying everywhere and the dog looking for a way in, all you can do is wait for the impact and go from there. Why don't you make a trip over here and teach us a thing or two?

·
Banned
11,727 Posts
What boxes are you talking about?? I am not talking about that weak bicep crap, I am talking about the shoulder.

Properly targeting the dog, and absorbing, which I am not seeing in the picture I am talking about.

Look for the dogs neck that is torqued up. THAT is the picture I am talking about.

Standing and getting hit in a suit is not decoying......well there is that knpv thing, but who is doing that????

OCCASIONALLY, things like this happen, but I see it in nearly every set of pics or videos that are posted from you guys.

Get ahold of some good decoy like Mauvunga, and have a seminar on catching dogs.

Sorry. from now on I will just post how great the dogs look. God forbid there is a critique on work.

·
Registered
705 Posts
that dogs neck is torqued. i wouldnt say it was a bad catch though id have to see the vid. i think its just the way the pic was takin. the dog probally just came in wierd.

·
Banned
11,727 Posts
Our job is to keep the dog safe, and to properly prepare the dog how to target. As far out aas that dog was, and at that speed, there were a couple options.

I really dislike sport dogs aiming at the inner forearm at speed. Possibly personal preference, but it show the dog either works on a sleeve, and has not been taught to target properly, or is in a minor form of avoidance, as the dog SHOULD be higher up. This could be a training problem, or poor targeting from the decoy.

I would have esquived that dog, and taken that opportunity to try and get the dog on my shoulder.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Jeff First off I trust me I have caught a dog or two...The dog came in low and that is what he got. Remeber the part where I said we did not target or give anything to him, just let him bite. Of course once the dog is locked in and is coming you are going to absorb the impact. Our group has alot of nice dogs and one of best up and comiing female Dobie in any sport today. We train for the realstuff that can happen not for a trophy.

Don't judge a book by a cover or a dog by the picture. My comment was about or ALWAYS negative replys to everything and everyone. Just train your dog. By the number of posts you have in here (and this is just one of many boards you post on) you are not doing alot of training. No one is an expert and this includes you.

·
Banned
11,727 Posts
No one is an expert???? Sorry, after all the years I have done this, and the couple thousand dogs I have trained? and no one is an expert because they post on the board?

When you learn how to decoy, and how to read a dog, maybe.....mybe I will take you seriously. Until then, good luck with your off sport, maybe some decade it will start up again and someone will actually be able to train a dog to the 3 level. Until then, don't quit your day job at petsmart. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Jeff, dude you've got some issues. I'd love to see your dogs work and you decoying and see how perfect you are, I have my doubts. What don't you post some vids so we can slam you for a while, well maybe thats why we don't see any.
i think the difference would be that jeff wouldn't get defensive and probably agree about any critique of his dog. himself (his own decoying abilities)????? i don't know.....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.