Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am looking to own an Australian Bernedoodle. But I really don't know much about these dogs. Just get some information about this breed from internet.
I think these are relatively new dogs, so I am also little confuse in owning an Australian Bernedoodle. I need some sincere advice from the
experienced dog owners. Especially, if any Bernedoodle owner is here. Please let me know about this breed. Thank you!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I am looking to own an Australian Bernedoodle. But I really don't know much about these dogs. Just get some information about this breed from internet.
I think these are relatively new dogs, so I am also little confuse in owning an Australian Bernedoodle. I need some sincere advice from the
experienced dog owners. Especially, if any Bernedoodle owner is here. Please let me know about this breed. Thank you!!
It’s a mixed breed, Bernese Mountain Dog crossed with a poodle. Working breed crossed with a sporting breed, equals large, very active, needs a job, active lifestyle, good for agility, nose work etc. the coat is a mix of a doubl coated breed and a curly coated breed. They will need to be brushed regularly, this cross tends to mat.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
yep, just a mix breed. "rarity" should never be a factor in a buying decision.

some people think when you mix two breeds you will get the best of both....which is only wishful thinking. it takes MANY generations of careful breeding to create a new one

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
if it were possible to determine the traits and physical characteristics genetically, we could have many "perfect breeds". the reality is MUCH different, and if you've been around dogs awhile you should already know that "pure" breeds don't always exhibit the traits that are described on paper in the breed standard. most of the perfect dogs i've been around had perfect owners who perfectly understood how to bring out the best in them. to even consider buying ANY breed based on internet descriptions or youtube vids is ludicrous.....imo of course :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts