Working Dog Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Man that thing is cute. I hope one day these cool looking striped dogs don’t wind up in some Hollywood movie. Everyone will want one, it will go the way of the Pug .

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
One Very good producing Longhair Female HH Winnie PH I BRN 2121
Can look up on http://www.bloedlijnen.nl/
It's been quite a few years, but I remember when Winnie was first imported, I put in a request for a long haired brindle pup from her :) Unfortunately all the fluffy pups in her litter were Malinois (Terv) colored and all the brindles were short hairs. I think she's the dam of Jason's Bas isn't she? We have a nice DS female named Ember in our FR club that I believe also goes back to her.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
It's been quite a few years, but I remember when Winnie was first imported, I put in a request for a long haired brindle pup from her :) Unfortunately all the fluffy pups in her litter were Malinois (Terv) colored and all the brindles were short hairs. I think she's the dam of Jason's Bas isn't she? We have a nice DS female named Ember in our FR club that I believe also goes back to her.
Yes Bas is out of Winnie, Rich Damico's dog Trixie was out of Winnie, a Long ago Club member Jerry Inlos's dog Koba (M long hair HH) was out of Winnie was the youngest Titled PSA 1 at 13 months, I have also Seen Jessie work (female) and Blue (Diego).

I Think Trixie's Entire Litter 10 Titled In Holland except for Trix that was imported back at around 12 months.

There are also KNPV videos of other Titled progeny on the Risen Star NL site.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
There is a Malinois breeder in Belgium (FCI) named Nathalie Deleu that also breeds long haired Dutchies and has a bunch of photos at: http://users.skynet.be/deleu.nathalie/nos_bergers_hollandais.htm

I bought a pup from her for a client 4-5 years ago. She also went and selected out my Dexter from the breeder's litter for me. I described what I wanted and that's what she picked.

I don't know much about the long haired Dutchies except she breeds them more for show, agility from what I see from the photos. She does Belgium Ring with the Mals.

She does email in English so she could answer questions about the fluffy dutchies as well.

·
Registered
451 Posts
They are on their way now. There are a lot of people getting these dogs from rescue and other places. We cannot maintain the breeds we have, so we have to go and find the new, next best thing.
I will say though at least the rescues come fixed and unable to reproduce. I love our rescue. Great with my daughter, smart, but I would never breed her even if it was possible. Couple months after I got her her elbows started clicking when she walks. I still am ignorant about alot of stuff in regards to breeding and working but I am certain this isn't a 'good' sign.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Yes! My coated dog was the only one in the litter and both parents were short coated so both must have been carriers.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts