Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
I particularly like the way the dog looks when heeling. It's not that stare back, focused on the handler. Very good video.

DFrost

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's my baby's momma's brother, yo!
Seriously, I've seen Tim & Loki work only a couple times in training, plus the footage from their well-deserved showing in Texas. Really, really nice teamwork. I learn a great deal watching the two of them.

Looking forward to seeing both Tim & Loki in a couple weeks up here.

Best to all this holiday weekend. Be safe & smart on the roads--
Jeremy

·
Registered
269 Posts
Nice video! He looked good. I love how he recalls back between your legs! :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Great performance, Tim!
What was the first exercise on the first clip? It looked like a send away or a search, but I couldn't see Loki bringing anything back. Also, is there a stopped attack in MR?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe the exercise you are referring to is the send away. The send away is in all levels of MR except for the Brevet. As the levels increase, the distance will increase as well. There is a call off during the flee attack at the MR3 level.

·
Registered
87 Posts
What's required of the dog for the send away? Do they have to hold position at the end, or is the recall judged as well?
Also, does the judge give you a particular spot to send him to, or just direction?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The send away can be in any direction that the judge chooses on the field. The dog is required to go out and pass between 2 markers that I believe are 10-15 meters apart. Once the dog passes through the markers, the handler must recall the dog. The dog does not have to pass back through the markers on the way back, just on the way out. The video shows Loki doing it correctly for full points.

It is a tough exercise, because the dog can be sent anywhere. It can even be diagonally across the field. In the world championships last year in Portugal, the send away was through water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts