Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
he looks good. You got your self an awesome decoy. Soon you will have two!!!!! Did i mention the nice grips

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Steve - it's been great training for these last three days...Justin took the whole weekend off:) Can't wait till you, Kim and the girls get here:)

Thanks Connie - Justin appreciates the compliment to;)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hello~
Zane is looking really good. I love him. He has everything it takes to succeed in any venue. I love working him and it really helps when you like the dog you are working. I will do my best to continue to lay a proper foundation for full contact ring sports. All the while, keeping him real. Lacey has done an exceptional job at imprinting him and socializing him. His pedigree is a who's who of top level Malinois that possess those traits that I look for in a breeding program. Lacey really did some nice work with this video. I can assure all of you however, that this is only an inkling of what this awesome puppy is like. My hat is off to Carmen van de Kamp of Like A Hurricane Kennels, NL -for producing such a specimen! ~Justin
PS~ Thanks Connie!

For you GSD fans~
I am posting a friends' video, Mike Turner's Full Service Police K-9, that we worked the last few days. Mike has registered on the site but can't post yet. Some of the training video was not utilized because it has not yet been finalized on disc. So, there will be more to come of this really nice Slovak Import. His name is Grim (FCI - Vels Policia-Slovakia). His grips are hideously hard and full, and nothing shakes him in the bite work. If the video does not show what he can stand by way of pressure... just take my word for it. I am not a Shepherd Guy, but this boy is a really nice representative of the breed, and what it should be in terms of working ability... He has nerves of steel, a nice balance of drives, and very clear head. To give you an idea of the dog's size, Mike is 6' 04".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0_HuDw5ta0

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
no, no lacey. i know weight isn't always the best measure of a dogs size. i didn't mean to imply he was fat. not at all. just a VERY large dog...

·
Registered
705 Posts
Mike's dog is def a really good specimen for the shep breed. (I'm a mal guy) anyway love the grips mike. dog looks outstanding.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was just answering your question Tim, I did not think you were implying anything really. He IS HUGE but handles his size and weight like a Mal:smile: Were heading out to train again....maybe we can show more video's later.

·
Registered
580 Posts
He looks very nice... though I must admit, I'm still partial to Zane ;) Whoever trained that dog to target did a nice job. He's hitting the shoulder perfectly every time!

·
Banned
11,728 Posts
Start training the other exersizes, and wait for the teeth. Then go to the pants.

Gotta be kidding me with the "keeping the dog real" statement. If that was so, then you would never just let him follow you around with the sleeve in his mouth.[-X

Really good ring prospect. Cannot wait to see the videos where the esquive techniques are taught. Should be good times.

I think you have a winner here, just get rid of the "real dog" mentality. He is real, you can see that when your hand stops when you touch him instead of just passing through.:p

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
705 Posts
i think what justin means by real is that the dog will do other work psd or pp other than just being a sport dog.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Start training the other exersizes, and wait for the teeth. Then go to the pants.
the dog needs some work this is the first time he has seen a leg sleeve. he needs to target better before you go movin him but it wont be long before you get on the pants and get to start the exercises

1 - 20 of 33 Posts