Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,702 Posts
Oh that reminds me of something. In the early 90's there was a kennel importing/training GSD's. Anyway, the proprieter sold a dog to a lady, who was shortly thereafter bit very badly. She sued the kennel & the jist of the whole thing was that he had told her to never take the dog out without a muzzle. Now obviously, you don't sell a dog like that to an inexperienced person. I guess this is an example of the bad extreme. I don't remeber what the outcome of the whole thing was.

· Registered
6,702 Posts
The whole thing was screwy, but supposedly she was in the "getting to know ya" stage with the dog & the trainer let her take the dog home, but with instructions to keep the dog muzzled if she took him out of his kennel except when the trainer was there to "complete" the training. No one with any credibility would have ever sold the dog like that. I think with this particular facility, it was only a matter of time until something bizarre & stupid happened. This trainer was one of those who bought European rejects & turned around & sold them for big $$$ as pp dogs. He was more interested in the turn around time than the consequences.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.