Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That´s the litter Lacey expects a male puppy from. See www.likeahurricane.nl , Umi des bois trembles x Aha van Joefarm.

Carmen still has internet problems, so I´m messenger :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
congrats, lacey, ´till now 4 males, 2 females all are about 350 gr.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Thank you! Thank You Selena :D :D - My pup has been born!!!!!!! I have 4th choice male reserved - my Christmas present. His call name is Zane after my first police K-9. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Please keep us updated - I am glad Umi is doing well.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Lacey Vessell said:
Thank you! Thank You Salena :D :D - My pup has been born!!!!!!! I have 4th choice male reserved - my Christmas present. His call name is Zane after my first police K-9. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Please keep us updated - I am glad Umi is doing well.
are you going over there to pick him up or are you having him shipped?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Selena I am so glad that you posted this! I about jumped over my desk trying to get to my phone to call Lacey! We just happened to be reading it at the same time though!

CONGRATS LACEY!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to see pictures of your new pup! :lol:

Of course........since you got to go with me to pick up Ziris from the airport...you know I will be tagging along 8 weeks from now when you pick him up in Raleigh :D

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Carmen van de Kamp(owner of Ace and Umi and kennel Like a Hurricane)
will ship him to me at 8 weeks. I would like to go over there to pick him up, but because of commitments here I am unable. We will get there someday though, when my husbands business slows down some.

Thank goodness I had put the dogs outside prior to comming on-line and reading Selena's post - after I read the post I was jumping around and screaming like a 2 yr old out of happiness and relief. I had just come back from training with the dogs. At training, I had been talking to Amanda about possibly calling Carmen to see if there was any news. Selena is wonderful for telling me the news!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
you're currently training a young dog (GSD) for ScHH right? and you still have a retired PSD mali right? what are your plans for this pup?

oh yeah. CONGRATS!! talk about a killer late X-mas present...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Nooooooooo - I don't own any GSD's. The young bitch I own and am training for SchH/IPO right now is a Malinois. Nothing against GSD's as I have trained a few in Narc work - just prefer Mals for myself.

As for this pup, we shall see - definitely IPO/SchH and from there ring sports. I am not "married" to one sport - I would like to have him compete in all - but that is all up to him and our training.

Yup, I still have my retired k-9 partner - he is currently training in ASR because he is not happy with retirement at all.

Thanks Tim on the Congrats.....

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Amanda Layne said:
CONGRATS LACEY!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to see pictures of your new pup! :lol:

Of course........since you got to go with me to pick up Ziris from the airport...you know I will be tagging along 8 weeks from now when you pick him up in Raleigh :D
Thanks Amanda. As for tagging along with me to pick him up: I hope you do come with me as long as you don't ask to drive ....don't think my heart or my nerves could take that again :p :lol:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Oh come on Lacey.........you need someone to drive in "the city"!

<------the obvious choice! :roll:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Thanks Jerry. Yup, ASR too - As soon as I get done with this SchH/IPO titling with my bitch - she will be doing ASR as well. Figure I'll make all the handler mistakes with Jarko in ASR who is very "forgiving" :roll: , then be even better with Coda and by the time this pup is ready - I should be pretty much "locked on" :)

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
update: ´till now 5 males and 3 females, and there are some more to come. Carmen expects 10-11 puppys.

I called this morning to Carmen if Umi started yet, she was restless, half hour later I got the first sms, a male. Half hour later, male 2. 2 hours later was my first message here after another sms (or call?) with Carmen.

4th male was born, so Carmen asked me to congrat Lacey :wink: She would like it very much to do it herself, but her internet still doesn´t work :twisted:

Your reaction is the greatest one a breeder could get, she will be happy to see it :lol:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Wow!!!!! Great news :D I hope the last pups come quickly for both Umi's sake and Carmen's as well. So many puppies, they will both have their hands full. Umi was a wonderful mother to her first litter - I am sure she will be with this one as well. I feel like a little kid at Christmas, I am so excited. :D Darn internet service - depriving me of seeing the puppies be born :evil: But thank goodness for Selena and Carmen thinking of a way to get news to me :D

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
if i figure out how I can get a pic from my phone to here, I´ll post a pic I got from Carmen by MMS.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Congratulations Lacey. You mentioned your hopes for a male from this litter on another board that is now currently down. Now the long wait to get your hands on him and bring him home. :D

1 - 20 of 141 Posts