Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know people have tried to do this and failed. just curious if anyone knows why and what went wrong. i would love to do this myself. even if i have to go overseas to get the certificate. not that i dont like some of the sports here. but i think this is the best one out there and would love to get involved.

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
More "close by" for you: there is a club in the dutch Antilles (Curacao) who train KNPV.

Years back there went something wrong with the HQ of KNPV and USA, don´t ask me what or why, ´cause I really don´t know.

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
If you are a member, yeah sure, you can trial over here.
You only have to become a member, membership fee is about 35 euro per year for Dutch. Dunno membershipfee for foreigners, but you can become a member as a foreigner.

I know that Dian SanLorenzo (USA)trialed her bitch Heidi in 1998, and 2 yrs back a croatian guy, last years some Germans and Polish, who trialed.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Your all over the board here Steve....french ring, mondio, asr and now KNPV....one venue at a time please.....your killin me:p Not sayin one cannot be good at all but it gets mighty expensive.....these dog sports.;)

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol you know my focus is Fr for now im looking toward the future. lol i want something more realistic and im bored cant work the dogs till kim gets home

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your all over the board here Steve....french ring, mondio, asr and now KNPV....one venue at a time please.....your killin me:p Not sayin one cannot be good at all but it gets mighty expensive.....these dog sports.;)
im taking over brax will eventually title in all venues maybe even SchHlol NOTTTTT

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
I think that mondio and french have a lot in common in the way excercises are done? I think it was Kadi who told that she did both with same dog, ´cause base was the same ? And she could with some extra training do excercises from both programmes.
Correct me if I´m wrong.

If the base excercises and dog are good, I don´t see why you can´t put a dog in KNPV programme with some KNPV styled training.
I think to learn the programme yourself is biggest problem here.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I was thinking more along the lines of the equipment needed (suits) and flying/driving all over the place to put titles on the dogs. Schutzhund, at least for me, has been an expensive sport equipment and traveling wise...but then I'm an old cranky tight wad:smile:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was thinking more along the lines of the equipment needed (suits) and flying/driving all over the place to put titles on the dogs. Schutzhund, at least for me, has been an expensive sport equipment and traveling wise...but then I'm an old cranky tight wad:smile:
as well as fr for me i am gonna train asr if it makes a come back

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
justin has a knpv suit. lace i think between you me and justin we have enough stuff to train for whatever we want to. well when you get the clement we will have

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.