Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
without killing the grass........hopefully.
Trooper has a case of hook worm. It's a being treated but what can I do to get rid of them in the soil without killing the grass?
I always clean up after the dogs 2-3 times a day but my wife is freaking out cause she read that kids can get hook worm from dogs. Our grand kids are always barefoot when they play in the yard. (little heathens :lol:)
I've read on the net that it can be done but can't seem to find any info.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anne, am I reading that right? All that's needed is to wet the soil down and let it dry? Sounds to easy! I don't see any chemicals though.
Jeff, one of the little monsters has a tendency to gnaw on a toe nail now and then.:-& :-& :lol:

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Connie! Now I'll have to go through my old Hort books to see what effect Borax will have on the lawn.
Brings back thoughts of Ronnie and the 20 mule team huh?!! ;)

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OMG!!!!

you know, i probably wouldn't remember HALF of the *stuff* from my childhood if it wasn't for you "older" people reminding me.

i just have a problem with whether that's a good thing or not...
Hey! At my age, just remembering is a good thing. ;)

·
Registered
580 Posts
just a silly question, but what kind of HW preventative do you use that he got hooks? Is he on Revolution?

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Amber, this is my brand new puppy. Only 9 1/2 wks old. Worms not uncommon in that situation. My two older dogs are clean. I use Heart Guard.

·
Registered
580 Posts
oops, sorry. I mixed up their names :oops: I was just curious because I had been thinking after the subject was broached on another thread whether I had seen any dogs on Revolution get hooks.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
An easy mixup! I'm calling Trooper, Thunder all the time. Thunder just rolls his eyes cause he knows I got oldtimers! ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts