·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
God bless him and his wife!
My nephew (Cpt in USMC Recon) has done two tours over there. He tells me they are needed. I just wish I knew how the hell we're going to get out.
To many politics involved to let us "win". :evil: :(

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
One of our SchH Club members brought a friend to training with her a couple of months back. The member told us out of ear shot of her friend that the girl's (not much more then 22-25) husband had died in Iraq not more then a month ago. She had come from NY to Camp Lejeune because her husbands unit was returning that weekend and she felt she needed to be there to welcome them back. Brave girl - I don't think I would have the courage to see all those guys returning knowing mine should be there too. God bless all our troops and their families.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Horrific injuries.

They ran a large article on this couple in the Sunday Times magazine here in the UK. Really good outlook they have on life.

Good luck to them.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
i didn't open the link. i, too, have a nephew over there in the USMC, he was due to come home in march. haven't heard from him since december, i worry about him in all kinds of ways--god bless and godspeed to ALL our troops.

·
Registered
382 Posts
My (now husband...that still sounds weird saying that) is on his third tour over there in less than 3 years. Granted, the marine corps does 7 month tours unlike the army, but it sucks.

That picture is heartbreaking. There is alot about Iraq that I dont understand. Either way, God Bless the men and women fighting for country.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts