Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering is there any rules in any dog sports that states you can not trial a female dog that is in heat? Or that the female must trial last? Has this subject ever came up in any dog sports? What is everyone's opinion on this?

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
In IPO the female must trial last, in KNPV the female may not trial. Both stated in the rules

Not rialing at all is big nonsense imo, in practisce you will come across females in heath so the argument the (male) dogs will be distracted is a non-argument.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
In Schutzhund:

Bitches In Season - bitches may participate in all events with the exception of the AD, however they must be kept apart from the rest of the applicants. They are shown according to schedule in phase "A" (Tracking); in all other phases they are shown as the last competitors at the end of the trial. If there are several in-season entered, they are to draw for positions among themselves, starting at the end of the trial.

I personally would not trial my bitch at that time....she is definitely not herself performance wise during this time.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I think in a lot of sports they make a female in heat go last.

I am with Lacey though, my bitch isn't herself when its that time and I wouldn't even attempt to trial her then! She is a Sh*thead when its that time!

·
Premium Member
21,867 Posts
We have a Presa bitch that is full blown but will trial Sat for her Sch II. Definately will go last cause the boys are all in love.
It will be interesting because she's a bit ......err...goofy right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.