Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K-9 CONFERENCE

[Police] dogs and their trainers are at North Henderson High School to hone their skills in conducting drug searches and apprehending suspects.
It's a course that K-9 cops go through every year to maintain their certification.

[Tonight], the public is invited to watch a demonstration of the police dog training. The event starts at 7 pm at the North Henderson High School football field.
Here's more info: http://www.napwda.com/workshops/index.phtml?id=68

I'd love to go out and watch, especially since I'm wanting to learn about doing detection work, but I probably won't get to, since Adam's working late and it's just gonna be me to take care of the dogs. :sad:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Should be a pretty nice demo......I say wear the dogs out shortly before you wanta leave, crate em and then go:smile: They usta hold that seminar at the Boy Scout Camp in Hendersonville, we (Jarko and me) went to it the last four years - some really nice teams - especially the guys from Durham PD and the trainers/decoys from Broward County, FL.

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
I've got a class going on, bring yourself to TN and I'll put you to work. A little first hand learning so to speak.

DFrost

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Music City, the Big N, Nashville. My office is by the airport. We train all over the place.

DFrost

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 'public demonstration' was pretty neat. They even brought in the helicopter and did a multiple suspect/multiple dog apprehension at the end. We had a good time. :)

David, check your PM's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts