Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jessie will be 1 year old on June 6th. Ain't she purdy? She's got much better conformation than Jak does.

She's a product of Ron, like Patrick Cheatham's pup, Chelsea, but out of a different mother.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have no idea how many hours I spent practicing with Jak. :lol:

The trick is to video the whole process, and then go through and cut still shots out of the video - if you don't have someone to work the camera, that is. ;)

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She's around 65 pounds. It's hard to get a true, accurate weight by stepping on a scale to weigh yourself, and then picking up the dog and stepping back on the scale to weigh the both of you, when it's not a digital scale. :lol: But 65 pounds, give or take, is close. Together we were almost 200 pounds! Whoops! I think I just gave away MY weight! :eek:

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
She is a beauty. :smile:

The two GSD pups I have are out of Ron also. :p :p

The person I am contracting them for has probably what would be Jessie's sister or half sister as his dog is a year also. He is BIG and is doing well at trailing.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jessie's mother's name is Quaxi. I could be butchering the spelling, but it sounds like kwok-see. I don't know her registered name, but she belongs to Wayne as well.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Jessie's mother's name is Quaxi. I could be butchering the spelling, but it sounds like kwok-see. I don't know her registered name, but she belongs to Wayne as well.

That would be the same litter. :p Cool :smile:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just didn't feel like changing socks when I got home from work and changed into shorts, is all. I had no idea I was making a fashion statement. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Updated pic of Jessie

Look everyone, no black socks & shorts this time! :lol:

I still have to take still shots from a video with Jessie, because she won't stand still for long after I get her in position, so the quality isn't great, but she looks much better than Jak, conformation-wise.

On July 30, we begin at Companion Dog Training School. They offer advanced/competition obedience classes that will help me with the precision stuff that's required in Schutzhund, since I've never had to train for strict obedience before, and since my club is 93 miles away. We're going to start out in their 'beginner' class, though, because Jessie needs the socialization. She already knows almost all of the commands that are taught in beginner obedience, but she's still obnoxious towards other dogs, and doesn't like to be approached or touched by strangers, so we're starting there, and then we'll move on to the competition obedience class afterwards. I'm looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Did you do (or will you do) their "complimentary orientation session"?

That seems like a nice offer...... a trial before commiting financially.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I went to the orientation this past Tuesday, after going and observing several of their actual training classes first. The orientation basically just explained about the school, their methods, how long they have been around, how to acquire and maintain alpha status over your puppy or dog, and the importance of timing. It's mandatory for anyone who wants to take part in any of their classes.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, Jerry, this is the same little girl I had with me in Augusta. Here's a little better shot that I got of her yesterday, but for some reason, the exposure got screwed up, so the color's a bit off. :-x I have no idea why, because the sun was behind us and the camera wasn't aimed at anything white, or anything reflective. It was that way throughout the whole video, too; it doesn't have anything to do with the car going by. She's a little bit stretched, and her front legs aren't exactly vertical, but that's because she was leaning slightly towards me. Oh well. Y'all don't care about a perfect stack! :lol:

My sidekick :lol: is really starting to get 'into' bite training. She wants to get a GSD soOOOOOOOoo badly, but her parents won't let her, so when I get my kennels put up, I told her she could help me take care of those dogs, and play with the puppies when they're born and stuff. She's ecstatic. :lol: She asked me the other day if you were still going to send her a 'leg sleeve' for her JRT/Min Pin. :twisted:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts