Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was alone again at training (as usual), so I had to just make do with the camera on the tripod on the bottom bench of the bleachers. I probably should have zoomed it in a bit more, but oh well. I had to cut out about 1 minute's worth of another club member's head because she didn't realize the camera was on. :lol:

Jak's brain is finally working.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6lASTMh1Sk

·
Registered
415 Posts
Kristen~
It's important to remember that not every training day is a photo op. LOL:lol:. So, no big deal if no one else can video or shoot the camera. Photographers are sooo over rated. LOL:lol:. The dog's grips look nice. I think that there is something wrong with my computer or U-Tube, 'cause the sound did not coincide with the video. Unless, when you edited the video it left the audio the same. I take it that you are preparing him for Schutzhund/IPO? Looks like he understands the guard/reviere/voran fairly well and will get better. Was the light bulb not coming on? It will come. Good luck with him and don't sweat the camera work so much. I know that it is an invaluable tool to see where you the handler is lacking, where the dog is lacking, and where the decoy/helper is lacking (that is of course if something is lacking at all). It's kinda like reviewing games and practice... So I understand your frustration. I always like to review training to see where I need to change something to better accomodate the dog, or in order to get the dog to adjust and accomodate me. Sometimes presentation needs to be adjusted if it is not right. Sometimes there needs to be less pressure, or no pressure and more animation, but looking at video really humbles you (me) from time to time. However, sometimes it complicates things and hinders the ability of the decoy/helper (as well as the handler) to give the dog what he/she needs, by causing the focus to be more on what one wants on film rather than on what is most important to the dog. Take care and keep up the good work with Jak. ~Justin

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
kristen, do you have an analog camera and then convert it to digital? i've had that problem (sound not syncing) when i've had to convert analog...

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Either that or Jak is like Lyka and is able to bark wtih objects in the mouth ;)

Looks good Kristen, the bad sync on the sound makes it hard to see what the helpers timing is but it looks like Jak's getting it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Mike~
Are you saying that Jak might possibly be a ventriloquist?!?:p
Now that would be quite the dog training feat.;)

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh CRAP. It must have messed up the sound when I edited the video. I may have to upload it again if it's not messed up on my computer. I didn't think it was, but I didn't watch the whole thing after I edited. #-o SORRY! :oops:

Tim, no; my camera is a Kodak Z650 digital.

Justin, yes, we're training for SchH, and yes, the light bulb was off for a while. :lol: We went through a phase where he just wasn't doing as well as he should have been, so we started trying to do more prey-stuff with him (long bites mostly), and last time we trained was the first time we put him back on the pole. We haven't actually been training the bark and hold - he's just pretty much figuring it out on his own at this point.

He'll be 2 on June 5th. It's about time that light bulb flickered back on! :lol:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I'm stumped. :-k The sound is fine on my computer. I deleted the video from YouTube, so the link in the original post will no longer work. I tried to re-upload it and the sound was all messed up again. I don't know what to do since it's right on my machine.

·
Registered
415 Posts
"Justin, yes, we're training for SchH, and yes, the light bulb was off for a while. :lol: We went through a phase where he just wasn't doing as well as he should have been, so we started trying to do more prey-stuff with him (long bites mostly), and last time we trained was the first time we put him back on the pole. We haven't actually been training the bark and hold - he's just pretty much figuring it out on his own at this point.

He'll be 2 on June 5th. It's about time that light bulb flickered back on! :lol:"

Kristen~
I know that I have spoken to you in the past, but I guess that I did not know or realize that you were training with Wayne. There should not ever be a question about dog training that he can't answer. You are very fortunate to have his guidance. ~Justin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts